New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
4,959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One, the Other or Both?

Well, to figure out operating times and so forth i need to know, at this time are you interested in the 1/4 mile only, the AutoX only or Both?

Also, if you have AutoCross experience PLEASE post that fact. Thank you.

The following i am aware of that have AutoX experience:

EricF
Sonza68
tlmotorsport

·
So its begun.....
16,839 Posts
I wanna try autox..never done it before.

·
w00t!
15,782 Posts
yep, i say both too -

dont forget Don - not many people know alot about Autocross or what its all about, but i'm sure once people see it in person, they will want to try it too :)

·
Registered
4,959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Originally posted by: ND4SPD
yep, i say both too -

dont forget Don - not many people know alot about Autocross or what its all about, but i'm sure once people see it in person, they will want to try it too :)
Why do you think i'm asking who has experience? :poke:

·
Administrator
11,634 Posts
Originally posted by: ND4SPD
yep, i say both too -

And once they see what it will do to a stock set of tires they will never want to do it again :)

·
Premium Member
2,810 Posts
I plan on doing both, unless rules and restrictions keep me from doing one, such as not having a helmet, or failing tech for some reason..

·
So its begun.....
16,839 Posts
what about loaner tires :thumbsup:?

·
Registered
271 Posts
I say both - defnitely up for autocross (do have some experience) and giving the 1/4 a try would be a bonus :thumbsup:

Chuck

·
Premium Member
8,094 Posts
Originally posted by: frenchblueC2
Autox only
to quote "the man"

Originally posted by: Terry HainesThe MTX-75 transmission is not a drag racing transmission
:biggrin:
we do have some fast cougars out there, but I think they shine best in an autox environment over a drag strip.
yeah well "The man" is also convinced that a stock 3.0L will make more power than a well built 2.5/svt hybrid :tongue:

I vote both

·
Registered
180 Posts
I would like to try both (knowing full well that I'll be damn slow at both!)

I haven't done any AutoX, but I hope by the time CF rolls around - right after I get both of the strut braces installed, that I will get to one here in GA. I think it would be fun tearing down the quarter mile... well, until the time shows up. :biggrin:

·
is a pop sensation
13,668 Posts
I think it depends on the people who run it, but the St. Louis SCCA region allows shorts.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts