New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone installed the MSDS Headers yet on a 2001 Cougar? We are doing the installation this weekend and am wondering if there is anything we need to be aware of.....special tools, amount of time it takes, beer consumed in that time...just kidding, i don't need to know the amount of time it takes.

,Jeremy

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
Not aware of any differences between installs, but know my 00 took 12 hours to install... Rusty bolts will kill you.. Good luck and god bless! hehe

·
T3/T4 60-1
8,015 Posts
ummm... the 2001+ vehicles do not have the lower o2 sensors so you will need to get a plug for the lower 02 sensor hole on the front header

·
Registered
394 Posts
my 99 also took 12 hrs to do! but also she's an atx:(

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
job took Trevor 6 hours....and now the car sounds awesome.

other engine mods:
YoDude w/Flowmaster Dual exhaust
KKM True Rev Induction
SVT TBK
SVT UIM (BAT ST200)

·
Registered
181 Posts
So does anyone have a How-To? I'm looking to install mine next week on a '99 and will probably need to the help. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I just got stopped installing my msds headers for the night. we worked for 13 hours and we can't get the rear header off. all 6 nuts are off (not fun), the front is finished, and we can't figure out how to slide the rear header off the bolts. If ANYONE can offer a tip or two it would be greatly appreciated.

·
Premium Member
8,094 Posts
Originally posted by: Mada
I just got stopped installing my msds headers for the night. we worked for 13 hours and we can't get the rear header off. all 6 nuts are off (not fun), the front is finished, and we can't figure out how to slide the rear header off the bolts. If ANYONE can offer a tip or two it would be greatly appreciated.
Remove the bolts :)

·
Registered
51 Posts
is that the only way?

·
Registered
181 Posts
Tried a pry bar? One would give you some leverage.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I got the bolts out, and unplugged the o2 sensor, but now there is another valve (EGR I think) and I can't get it off.....tips?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts