New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have an atx(not of my choice)..but, everytime i rev it when im either in neutral or park, it seems to stop reving and have a struglling sound?? anyone know how to rid that??

·
Registered
902 Posts
That is a limiter! It's supposed to do that. It was designed for the idiots that rev their engines TOO high and blow them up! Ever seen a piston rod get 'slung'? It might NEVER come down from outter space. Most newer cars have that anyway. You don't need to rev beyond the limiter. Just be happy that you have it and don't do it that much. According to some people, "it's going to be funny when he sucks a valve."

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Rev it to high buddy and you will hang a valve and BOOM it is all over. It is definatly not a pretty picture. I suggest not doing it. Reving an ATX is kinda silly if you ask me, I have an ATX too so Im not dissing you man. Just say you shouldnt do that. EVER.

·
El Mucho Post Whoro
12,140 Posts
ATX's are rev-limited to about 4k RPMs in neutral/park. MTX's are higher, from what I understand, but I'm not 100% sure why. :shrug:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i might be mistaken, but i swear that i heard this somewhere. if i wasnt dreaming this, the MTX can rev higher because with the use of the clutch, you dont have to worry about damaging your tranny as much as you do with an ATX. picture this, you push in the clutch, throw the car in first gear and rev it up to about 4K. let out the clutch, spin the tires like mad and you're off. do the same thig with an ATX. rev it up to 4K and throw it in drive. haha..not going so far anymore. but like i say, that might just be a bunch of bullshit that i thought up or dreamed about. but i swear i heard it somewhere. :)

jeff

1 - 5 of 5 Posts