New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My front brakes would not stop squealing, I cleaned my brakes off every time I washed the car to remove brake dust/debris to see if it would stop, it worked but only for a little bit, just until the brakes built-up more dust. My rear brake pads were rattling. I thought it was coming from the rear sway bar, So I change all my rear sway bar bushings, That wasn't it. When I went over a bumpy road and put a little tension on the rear brakes from the E-brake the rattle went away.

I originally bought all motorcraft parts, and then realized I could of got a performance brake kit for the same cost as the Motorcraft's. So I returned all my brake parts and ordered the OMP brake kit .

I Thought getting the OMP was a great alternative to paying all the money for the Baer kit.

This pretty much all started a little after (1000 miles) I put it all on.
So I just installed some Motorcraft brake pads (front and rear) and the problems were both solved.

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
did the pads that came with the OMP kit have anti-squeal shims on them? I peeled the ones off my Albany's when i switched to Mintex during my rotor swap... mine dont squeak.

I did the brakes on my volvo earler in the summer... After putting the car back down on the ground I noticed I hadn't put these shimms back in on the pass/rear caliper. that one wheel squealed like a submabitch till I got too annoyed and put it back in a few days later.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.