New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've searched for this and asked a few people about this but never got anywhere yet.

Has anyone ever had the old and new style headlights ripped apart side by side? I'm deathly curious if the inside part of the new lights will physically fit into the outside casing. I love the 99 bubble headlights but I prefer the silver plastic insides of the newer lights and want to mate the 2 together.

·
Registered
3,470 Posts
There was a thread about this a few weeks ago and I think Caterina said that he had tried it or something, and the two fit perfectly....it would be an interesting look I think.....

·
Registered
33 Posts
I think you can swap the lenses but not the housing. I have 99s and would trade lenses with you for your smooth ones.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Im pretty sure ryan (Bloodrave) from swampland Neco has the 01 outter houseing mated to the 99 inner housing. Post in the swampland or pm him.

·
Registered
232 Posts
WAIT!!!!!!!!! I wanted to do this, keep the 99 headlights, but put in the 01/02 plastic, I dont like the boobies, I like the clear ones, anyone know if that would work?

·
Registered
5,952 Posts
Originally posted by: Se7en
WAIT!!!!!!!!! I wanted to do this, keep the 99 headlights, but put in the 01/02 plastic, I dont like the boobies, I like the clear ones, anyone know if that would work?
Originally posted by: RichieRich1023
Im pretty sure ryan (Bloodrave) from swampland Neco has the 01 outter houseing mated to the 99 inner housing. Post in the swampland or pm him.
theres your answer se7en

·
Registered
88 Posts
Nope, sorry..... I have a hybrid between the '99 Euro lights and the stock '99 lights.
I don't think the '01 covers would fit since those housings are slightly taller than the '99 lights. Isn't that why you have to trim part of the car to do the '99-'01 swap?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Its deeper. They are shaped the same but the 01-02 chrome housing is deeper. I am just talking about the lense. My offer is still good if anyone wants to try swapping glass just for the sake of it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts