New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dont know if its the computer or something else. It started when I first got my lemmon, it began with everyonce and a while spazing out and saying --- on the milage and empty on the needle. Now its adapting, it realizes I no longer liston when it spazes out like that, so it got smarter, now its saying things like 67 miles left and a quarter of a tank left. Now Im starting to question just how much gas I have left in my tank sometimes. Help!!!

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had that happen too... gas gauge drops to zero. Was a $3 fuel sensor. Problem is that it is on the pump inside the tank. Have fun!!!

·
Registered
404 Posts
Originally posted by: Cycleboy
I had that happen too... gas gauge drops to zero. Was a $3 fuel sensor. Problem is that it is on the pump inside the tank. Have fun!!!
Cycleboy were did you buy the sender? Or did you have to replace the whole pump?

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Luckily it happened at the same time that my fuel pump was actually going bad so they replaced the whole works and sensor at the same time. I had it done at Miller Ford in Burlington. The whole pump/sensor/labor was about $200. No idea how much for just the sensor, but they have to pull out the back seat to get at the topmounted pump. THEN you have the problem of the little plastic clips not wanting to lock in again when putting the seat back in. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts