New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes, that's right. Winter has arrived. Temperatures hovering right around 2-12 degrees F. About 2" of packed ice on the road, nobody with winter tires yet, and me driving a 70 ton, 8 axle super-b train with 30 wheels! My first winter as a trucker, and wow, it sucks sofar! Today I was about 1/2 a mile behind a bunch of traffic, and there was an accident ahead. Put on my brakes, lightly...30 wheels locked up, me sliding out of control down the highway, no control over my truck at all, that's how icy it was! Gotta love having a big-ass air horn, just lay on that, people get out of your way rather quickly. Posted speed limit was 110km/hr, I was doing 60km/hr when this happened, so it was not due to speed! My scare for the day!

·
Administrator
1999 3.0 SilFro
24,977 Posts
Egad. It's 70° in Columbus today.

That's pretty frickin' frightening, man. Be careful out there!

·
So its begun.....
16,842 Posts
NOOOOOOOOOO! Its raining here and in the mid 40's :cry:

·
Registered
568 Posts
i washed the car, its in mid 60 here and low 70's for the weekend! enjoy before the winter comes.

G

·
Its high 60s-low 70s here but eh what do I care, Im stuck in the house all weekend with the freakin flu:mad:

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah, its plenty cold. And to think, this is pretty warm for us still. We usually hit about -40 degrees Celcius, whatever that works out to be in F, I'm not sure, but its pretty damn cold! Its so cold, that both screens on my dash, and my stereo display all freeze up! Welcome to the Great White North! Anyone want my job? Its lotsa fun in good weather, I promise!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.