New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Administrator
1999 3.0 SilFro
24,715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mapquest is fine and all, but I'd rather ask someone who knows.

I'm going to be in Cleve on Thursday night looking for the Agora. Who can get me there?

Thanks in advance...

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
LOL- after all this "we know our way around Cleveland" talk at the meet... I dont know! I think I know where it is but you gotta help me help you. Is it the club that is in the flats? If so...then I know where it is but not road names. I'm not home right now but I will try to post asap...I need to check something then I'll get back to ya. I WILL come through though:thumbsup:

·
Administrator
1999 3.0 SilFro
24,715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
5000 Euclid Avenue

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Are you going to Duran Duran?! Badass! I didn't know they were still touring. What would the 80's have been without them. Anyway, don't know if you this, but there is a website for The Agora Right Here. Click on directions (duh). Looks like you get to go down Prospect? Isn't that where the hookers hang out?

·
Administrator
1999 3.0 SilFro
24,715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah...the directions aren't exactly helpful there. I'm coming up 71...and then what? It appears that I have to hit 90, but where, and in which direction?

I am TOO going to see Duran Duran. This is the first time all the original 5 members have been together touring since before the Notorious album, dude.

This is a big concert week for me. White Stripes in Columbus on Wednesday, and Duran Duran in Cleveland on Thursday. I haven't been to a show in almost a year, and now I have two in the same week!

·
5,303 Posts
Dude, Andy, you would soooo be my bestest friend if you'd give *me* your White Stripes tickets! ;)
You know you want to :biggrin:

·
Administrator
1999 3.0 SilFro
24,715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I knew I could count on you, guys...thanks Diane.

Mark - forget about it :)

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
THere usually is plenty of parking right around the Agora so that shouldn't be a problem. You guys need a place to crash for the night? I'm only 20 min from downtown.

·
Administrator
1999 3.0 SilFro
24,715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Man, that's cool of you, Jeff, but we both have to be back to work Friday morning. So it's red-eye driving for me!

But thank you - I'll keep that in mind next time...

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
You are totally in the hood when at the Agora. I highly recommend parking in the Agora parking lot - it is a gated & has security.

Becky

·
Administrator
1999 3.0 SilFro
24,715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Better drive the Saturn...thanks Becky.

·
Registered
5,952 Posts
hey! i was just on euclid today! i was in cleveland yesterday and today to visit my sister at case western. we went to see OAR, then i went to her classes today. its easy to get to euclid. you take 71 south, and get off at Chester, exit 173 B, and you can only go right. you take that all the way down to euclid. i dont know wheather you will need to turn right or left to get to though. but those are the directions to euclid.

EDIT: opps, i didnt read all the posts, diane already covered the directions. but my way saves toy the E. 40 or whatever street, and it still gets you to euclid.

·
Administrator
1999 3.0 SilFro
24,715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yes, thanks! Man, was it ever cold. We got there at about 6:45, and sat in a line of traffic on Prospect for AGES, with people waiting to get into the Agora's lot. When we were about 3 cars away, the lot filled and they chained it off. So we parked around the corner, on Carnegie. So we THOUGHT the doors opened at 7, but it was 7:30. So we stood in the WIND TUNNEL on the prospect entrance to the Agora for about 30 minutes, with a little bit of snow coming down.

Anyways, the show was pretty good. The sound was excellent, especially after the crappy sound at the Stripes show on Wednesday (if possible, DON'T see bands at PromoWest Pavilion unless they're OUTDOOR). They played all the hits, had lots of crowd interaction. We got a good spot in the hall, so sightlines were great.

Agora's a good place to see a concert. Good sound, good sized venue, pretty good amount of parking, not too hard to find.

Thanks for the help, everyone!

·
5,303 Posts
This morning on my drive in to work, listening to CD101...

The morning DJ said he'd just gotten a call from some young woman who'd seen DuranDuran in concert in Detroit the previous evening, and how awesome the show was, and how if he'd just listen to all the Duran albums again, he'd understand why they were so cool... to which he replied "Um, yea :disgust:" and dedicated the next song to her...

Iggy Pop's "Miss Know It All".

:rofl:

(Andy, you didn't like the indoor PromoWest? Was it just the mix that night, or the venue itself? I <i>almost</i> went to a show there on Friday but talked myself out of it at the last minute to avoid the BlueJackets traffic.)

·
Administrator
1999 3.0 SilFro
24,715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Mark-

The venue is actually really nice. Spacious and clean, with good sight lines. The sound system, or at least the people who run it, are NOT.

Possibly a more acoustic set would be better, but the Stripes really overloaded the system. LOADS of distortion, and not the good kind...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts