New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I WANT TO REMOVE MY ANTENNA AND HAVE THE HOLE FILLED ANYONE DO THIS YET? ALSO WHAT SHOULD IT COST APPROX. TO HAVE THE REAR MERC SYMBOL HOLE AND antenna HOLE FILLED AND PAINTED?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
STOP YELLING BY TURNING YOUR CAPS LOCK OFF AND MAYBE SOMEONE WILL HAVE AN ANSWER FOR YOU :biggrin:

sorry, i don' t know myself, but ALLCAPS makes alotta folks ticked off around here......

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Woah, lets all calm down here. Lucifer, hes just trying to help so in the future everyone does not get on your case. Its all just friendly advice. But this would be somewhat expensive, and no one has done this yet to my knowledge so I m not sure about the info you will receive.

·
Registered
364 Posts
I'll be doing this adjustment tomorrow, i bought an internal antenna that you mount/stick to your inside window and then hook it up. I dont know what kind of reception i'll get but i'm gonna find out. just remove the base and have it filled in.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I UNDERSTAND, I JUST HAVE MY KEYBOARD SET ON CAPS LOCK ALL THE TIME, JUST A HABIT. IT JUST REALLY DOESNT MAKE SENSE TO ME WHY HAVING YOUR QUESTION TYPED IN ALL CAPS WOULD PISS PEOPLE OFF, I MEAN SERIOUSLY THINK ABOUT HOW STUPID THAT IS.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ALSO YBREAL I PLANNED ON BUYING THAT INTERNAL ANNTENA THING AS WELL AND HOOKING IT UP I JUST HOPE IT DOESNT COST AN ARM AND A LEG TO FILL AND PAINT SUCH A SMALL HOLE

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
Lucifer, it isn't so much the filling of the holes that costs a lot, it's the re-painting of the filled areas. For the rear, they'd fill the hole, sand it, and then repaint the whole decklid. It would cost around $200-$300 to have that done here. I'm not sure how they would go about the antenna hole.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Originally posted by: LucifersCat
I UNDERSTAND, I JUST HAVE MY KEYBOARD SET ON CAPS LOCK ALL THE TIME, JUST A HABIT. IT JUST REALLY DOESNT MAKE SENSE TO ME WHY HAVING YOUR QUESTION TYPED IN ALL CAPS WOULD PISS PEOPLE OFF, I MEAN SERIOUSLY THINK ABOUT HOW STUPID THAT IS.

is it really that hard just to press one button? its a kind of courtesy I guess.
:shrug:

·
Registered
4,089 Posts
Well...ask yourself how good you want it to look?

1) Cheap - get some fill in stuff and use touch up paint....and you're done...will it look good...tempted to say no

2) Professional Way - Filled, sanded, entire area painted to look smooth....but it is costly like Kel said

Choice is up to you :)

·
Registered
491 Posts
ALSO YBREAL I PLANNED ON BUYING THAT INTERNAL ANNTENA THING AS WELL AND HOOKING IT UP I JUST HOPE IT DOESNT COST AN ARM AND A LEG TO FILL AND PAINT SUCH A SMALL HOLE
Quite the cocky little ***** aren't you? Turn ur ****ing caps off

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Keliente, 200-300 seems even like a low-ball estimate! If you figure it's 40-50 bucks just to get taillight covers done, I would imagine that repainting the entire decklid (and most likely blending around to each fender) would be upwards of 500. Just my guess, though.

By the way, nice ride.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Originally posted by: Chineesboi604
Quite the cocky little ***** aren't you? Turn ur ****ing caps off

·
Registered
275 Posts
lmao!!!! that it a funnie page.

Lucifer- if I were you I would go the cheep way and do it my self. Buy some bondo and touch up paint, that way your looking at no more than $30.

·
Premium Member
8,300 Posts
ALL CAPS is the internet equivalent of SHOUTING! Not to mention, lower case letters where invented to make reading easier. ALL CAPS is a typography "no-no" ... make thing much harder to read.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts