New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried searching and didnt pull up anything that brought me closer to any answer, more like posing even more. On my clock LCD of my gauge cluster I have a darkened blob inside of it. Its not completely out, but in the evening hours I see a dark spot on the clock. Its not a perfect circle, its more like a blob. What is this? Im really anal about things and it bugs me to know its there. Im under warranty still , but I wonder if they would care if I had aftermarket gauges? Before I take it in to the dealership I was curious if there were any solutions you smart people of Neco would know.

Thanks,

George

·
Registered
235 Posts
I remember that happened to me one time when I had disconnected my battery for a while; it annoyed the sh*t out of me. I reconnected the battery and gave it a few hours and it simply went away and hasn't come back since. Don't know if that helps or not....just thought I'd share.

Mike

·
Registered
4,861 Posts
Could be damage to the LCD screen itself... sometimes there are small fractures that open up over time, due to heat or moisture, and the LCD "ink" is actually leaking out onto the surface it. If you're under warranty, I say to go and have it replaced, but the aftermarket gauges might cause an issue...

·
Registered
58 Posts
I've got the same problem on my 99. The two LCD screens have blobs in them. Off-color, ovalish, shadow shaped blobs that are visible at night. They have been there for a while. They have gotten a little bigger, but seemed to stop growing. I was kind of hoping they would just take over the whole screen and it would look normal. I was wondering what to do to fix it too.:confused:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts