New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok.. here is the deal.. I went to lunch with PuckPuck to show him what i was talkin about with the 3rd brakelite.. now when puck pulls up he notices my Rear Passenger tire is basically on the rim.. Mind you its raining during this.. So I call Mercury Roadside Assistance and got to where they were findout where I am and the cell dies.. so me and Puck change out my tire after movin my subs and amp to get to the spare.. took like 5 mins.. I ended up having a nice ½ inch piece of metal in my tire.. Well.. when I propped my nice 17" stock rim it fell over on the face.. and guess what?! Yup.. messed up the clearcoat on the rim.. I talked to the guy at discount tire how much it would be to get fixed and he told me $150 cuz the rim would have to be reconditioned?!?! Seems a bit pricey to me as they have some 17" Eneki (sp) on sale for $135 a piece... Anyone have suggestions or should I just elave it until I get new rims? (prolly next year)

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Yeah, when I had my accident, it put two small scratches onto the rear left rim. They wanted $150 to 'recondition' it. I said for $150, I could go BUY a new rim. I thought that was kind of ridiculous, two small 1/4" scratches, 150 bucks? NO WAY!!!

So I get to drive around with two small scratches on my rim until I get my BBS RS 17s

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.