New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I know this is a repost because I was told about this problem from somebody else reading it.. I can't find it though. Is there some type of oil pan mod? I guess the 99/00 cougars if you turn to hard in a certain direction the oil does something and causes knocking and throwing bearings. Really important to find out since I'm using a 99 cougar to turn left turns for 20 laps at higher than normal speeds in a corner.

sorry for reposting. I did search but came up empty.

thanks in advance.

·
Administrator
15,565 Posts
You can use the oil pan from a new 3 liter that has the baffles in it. I believe the part number ends in FL8Z, unless it's been updated again.

Here is a picture that shows the difference between the original pan and the updated one:

I think it's usually right turns that starve the oil pump, but I'm sure the updated pan won't hurt anything.

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
does anybody know if the oilpan listed on teamfordparts.com is the right one? Onthe model years it says 99-2002 and I thought the oil pans changed to the one I want in the 2001 model year? unfortunatly they don't show any pics of hte oil pan they just show where the oil pan goes.... very helpful, I was gonna put mine connected to my exhuast*smacks my forehead*

(I know its just a stock picture to show what parts go where I just thought it was funny)

so anyway if anybody knows if thats the correct one. theres no option to pick a 3L engine oil pan. there 45 on there so if somebody has one laying around they want to let go fairly cheap I'm all ears for that too.

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
It's not a Cougar part. I know the Ford Escape 3L has the right pan.

·
Administrator
15,565 Posts
I'm pretty sure none of the 2.5s had an updated pan. In fact, that picture I posted of the two oil pans...the non-baffled one is off an 02 2.5.

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
K i looked up oil pan for a 07 ford escape, they have an option to buy just the baffle. is that perhaps the best route to go, and if I call teamfordparts do you think they would know for sure if that was the piece I needed?

sorry to keep asking newb questions but the last thing I want is to spend all winter getting my car ready to blow up after one race.

·
Administrator
15,565 Posts
5L8Z6675AA is the part number for the new oil pan. Call the dealer and give them that number. The gasket will be integrated, so you won't need anything else.

The oil pan has the baffles built in....I'm not sure what you looked up.

·
Administrator
1999 3.0 SilFro
24,812 Posts
It's missing a couple of cams!

·
5,315 Posts
He might have looked up the part number for the drain back pan / shield / whatever you call that piece that has the large round hole in it that you can see in the pics above - it's also revised in the new pan.

But Wade's correct, you can see the baffles in the lower part of the pics of the pans, they're cast into the pan, not separate.

And I think Wade was counting the number of cylinders on that 2.3L Escape engine in the parts diagram...

·
Administrator
15,565 Posts
Mark is the winner. You were looking at 4 cylinder parts, not V6 parts. Look up the pan for the 3.0 Duratec, and you should find what you need.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.