New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
reusable? i know sometimes those are and if it is I will reuse it but if not I need to know so i can order today so i have it by this weekend when i will be dropping my pan.

·
Registered
5,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Alright you convinced me...

·
Registered
10,831 Posts
I emailed Bill Jenkins yesterday asking for a price quote on the oil pan kit -- definately DO NOT buy the kit on SPMotorsports or BAT -- you cant use half the stuff that comes with their kit and it costs about 70 bucks more.

I'm still waiting on my quote though :(

·
Registered
5,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Pans was 115 and change and he gauranteed it would be here by friday for me here in Michigan

·
Registered
5,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
[censored].. anyone know if this is reuseable or not for me? looks like the parts ordered from Bill won't be here by this weekend when I will be in the garage doing this work... I will be able to replace the pan with the new one at the next oil cahgne so this will only have to be reused for abotu 3k miles max, anyone know?

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
i had to take my oil pan off one time...a couple months ago and i reused it. i would recommend(like the Hanyes manual says) to use some type of sealant tho.

i also plan on getting a new one oneday but its not leaking so i might just leave it.

·
Registered
5,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanx man.. i will probalby just lay a nice thin bead of ultra black on both sides of the gasket before i reuqe it...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.