New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
  • I'm going to preface my little story by saying while I have no problem doing misc. things on my car - I have no interest in changing the oil myself - so the point here is not to get on me about going to an oil change place but to enjoy my story about the silly oil guy ;)
So this afternoon, I take the cougar into have the oil changed. They type in my license plate and call me by name by the time I pull into the bay (which, by the way is always a little disturbing having a stranger say, "Hi Melinda, how are you doing?"). The place I go is one where you go into the waiting room - so I step out of the car, with my chihuahua puppy in hand and the same guy asks if I know that this car has a cabin air filter. I respond by saying, "yes, and I replaced it a couple months ago". He then goes on to correct me by saying, "no, the CABIN air filter. Not the AIR filter". I say again, "Yes, I replaced it, and the AIR filter.", and he lookes at me (again lady carrying a little white chihuahua) and asks if "I" took the wiper crowl (sp?) off myself and replaced THAT filter. Ummm, yeah! By this time, the guy who actually does the work (vs the one who is there to BS the customers) opens the hood, and says to the first guy "yeah I think she did! wow!" BS guy then goes on to "quiz" me on mileage since misc. things have been changed. I think they were 3/4 done with the actual work by the time he was done doubting I knew what I was talking about! Then when I was paying he asked what fastcougar.com is (I have the webaddress vinyl with the NECO car on the inside of my hood). When I told him it's the 99-02 Cougar owner forum, he asked if I was going to add turbo and supercharge the engine - because "that" would be what he'd do. :rofl: The worker guy saw the look I gave him and nearly burst out laughing, he's probably thinking "I work for such a jackass!"

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
And people think woman can never do/work on cars! Way to pin point the REAL A$$! :goofy:

·
8,643 Posts
:rofl: That's great.

·
Premium Member
22,086 Posts
Originally posted by: frenchblueC2
asshat
I would have told him that the car is there for an oil change and that's it, and wouldn't have answered anymore of his b/s
Yeah, with my most recent change I was in a hurry, and after explaining to smart guy that I needed synthetic for a 2000 Mercury Sable and arguing with his dumb ass over that, I then get to play 20 questions with the idiots who work there (hello? 10 minute oil change anyone? and I was in a foul mood), plus my oil change came to $61. So from now on I'll be doing it myself, no questions asked.

·
Registered
5,519 Posts
should have just told him it was supercharged and turbo'd but you must have accidentialy forgot to put them back on when you replced the cabin air filter...

·
Banned
5,184 Posts
I got into an argument with one of those guy a while back when he told me my CJ-7 takes 9 quarts of oil. After going back and fourth like a ball in a tennis match I finally told him that if he put 9 quarts of oil in my Jeep I would climb out and beat his ass. He put in the required 6 and said see nothing on the dipstick. So I got out curbing my anger for the time being until I saw that he snapped off my dipstick tube at the block and the dipstick was no longer going into the engine. I wont add what happened next :evil:

·
Registered
719 Posts
I got one better. When I first got the coug, I took it to grease monkey. Got the oil change and all that good stuff. guy pulls my car out and parks it to a kfc next door. WTF??? He comes up to me and hands me my keys and yells me I might have a problem. OK??? He tells me my reverse gear is shot!?!?!:disgust: I then told him that it was ok and was shot when I bought it.:rofl:

·
Registered
2,682 Posts
HAHA, ever person i ever talk to about my car asks me if i want to turbo or supercharge my car, then proceed to tell me off ppl they know with cougars that have Forced Induction. Its so great, when im like

"no i dont want to supercharge or turbo my car, i dont have enough money to drop on a custom kit, because none are in production for ATX's"

"ATX, wha??? Why would you not want a turbo"

"well first off, i dont have the enormous amount of money it takes, nor the knowledge, or hookups to get this done"

And proceed with the talking, anyways its pretty dumb. Hhaha, i wish i could of seen the name on your mechanics face.

·
Premium Member
1,815 Posts
about 5 or 6 years ago, I had to argue with the guy at Autozone that my car even HAD a cabin air filter. dumbass looks in his computer and goes, "wow, you're right, when did they start putting them in things besides motor homes?"

·
Premium Member
22,086 Posts
Originally posted by: Goldie
$61?!
the place I go is pretty new, and in a small town (in other words, they are not making any money) so they always have $19 specials :)
Mobil1 5w20 Synthetic. My post may not have been entirely clear, it was an oil change for the Cougar . . . but it has that nifty little 3L swap in it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.