New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes it is. Who else has noticed the fresh influx of newbies in the last few months around here? Some of us old geezers to the forums arent on as much as in the past...Coastie, Cat88, RacerX, Shelly1, etc, but there is this new breed of younger, enthusiastic members who actually goto meets. Could the downward spiral of Ohio neco be turned around??? Looks like it might be. Less Drama, more mods, and more meet & greet with members. :thumbsup:

I'd like to thank members like Jonnyred, Pyro, and Bennett (yeah, I know youve been here forever too but you post much more now ;) ) and the rest of you who havent given up on this club. If we get upwards of 20 people at this years halloween meet I will be most impressed.

Happy Modding

Slade Jesse, Neco Moderator- Retired. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
5,952 Posts
yeah, i dont know how it used to be, but from what i heard when i first joined from some people, ohio neco was really kinda....unreliable? lol. but it doesnt seem that way anymore! ive had great experiances so far, and i know it will continue this way in the future! glad to see things have changed for the better

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
LoL, unreliable is a good way to put it. There is always an issue with that but mainly due to things just coming up etc. Unfortunently it seems now that I m a yr. further into college I just keep getting busier etc, as I m sure it will continue... But yes its true that some of us, myself included, if not all of us have bailed at some point, due to something or another. Just so hard to get everything done etc. However the newbies is deff. a GREAT thing! Its kinda like a new family moving to the neighborhood or something.
I hope they enjoy it as much as I have so far, and of course remember we are always here to help. If you have a question most likely we ve had it as well.. Please ask.

·
Registered
330 Posts
hey i'm one of the newbies and don't really care if people think i'm dumb so i'm gonna ask this ?

when am i no longer a newbie and i become a MEMBER also is there any one out there who even knows where Greenville is. lol

ps. is there any other NECO "member" that attends Sinclair Comunity College or would like to meet and talk sometime if so PM me or email me at [email protected]

lastly this site kicks a$$ i've leant alot already and am ready to meet some new people.(corny but true)

·
Registered
4,201 Posts
Wlcome to Ohio NECO cougar11190 :wave: (Your name is easy for me to remember cause the number is part of the number of one our molds at work.)

One thing i've already learned here is don't ever feel dumb for asking a question.

I think you loose your newbie status on your 20th posting. Though i'm not absolutely positive.

I've never heard of Greenville but i have heard of Greenwich.

I'm kinda hoping we'll get a few more newbies from my area. When i want to autozone a few weeks ago to have my CEL checked out the guy started asking me all kinds of question about my car. I guess, from what he told me, he gets all kinds of people coming in asking for aftermarket parts for the cougar but they don't carry any and have no idea what to tell these people. So i wrote down the website addresses of customcougars and NECO (can't remember if i wrote down Ohio NECO's web address or not) and gave them to him. So hopefully that will yeild a few new members from around here.

·
Registered
169 Posts
as far as i remember,
i think you lose your newbie status after you
go to your first meet.
But i could be wrong too.

later,
janelle

·
Registered
5,952 Posts
i lost mine far before my first meet. i think its either 20 or 30 posts. pretty sure its 30

i know its not 20 because i just saw this:

pythagoras
NECO Newbie
Cougar

·
Registered
5,952 Posts
yeah i think your right diane:

Matthew
NECO Member
Cougar

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ive been here forever and have no clue; and it has NOTHING to do with number of meets youve been to or else mine would say something like:

Sled
Old Fart NECO
4-billion posts
Joined June, 2000

·
Registered
330 Posts
<-------------------yaay i'm a member
cougar11190
NECO Member
Cougar

maybe posts have nothing to do with it.