New Cougar Forum banner

4781 - 4800 of 4818 Posts

·
Super Moderator
22,144 Posts
dan i didnt want to hijack wades thread but there is a company backdraft racing that makes a cobra kit car that is 2 inches wider and 2 inches longer. there is a dealer in Dublin, OH toy barni sat in one and fit just fine. the car that i drove was a factory 5 and i couldnt fit my left arm inside of the car. it had a 347 in it and it was a handful. press the gas and the back stepped out, hit the brakes to hard and the front wiggled

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
dan i didnt want to hijack wades thread but there is a company backdraft racing that makes a cobra kit car that is 2 inches wider and 2 inches longer. there is a dealer in Dublin, OH toy barni sat in one and fit just fine. the car that i drove was a factory 5 and i couldnt fit my left arm inside of the car. it had a 347 in it and it was a handful. press the gas and the back stepped out, hit the brakes to hard and the front wiggled
Awesome. Thanks. I didn't know the Toy Barn was a dealer for Cobra kits, I'm one their website every few months drooling over cars.

Edit: Wow, the Backdraft rolling chassis starts at 40K. :eek: For a 20k difference I think I could figure out other ways.

·
Administrator
24,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #4,786
Thinking about selling my SVT Focus wheels if anyone is interested. I have absolutely no reason to own 3 sets of wheels for this thing anymore. If you're in the market, we can talk numbers, since I'm not actively pimping them anywhere yet. Just thinking out loud...

·
Administrator
24,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #4,788
See, I also have 2 sets for the focus ST, so there are 3 stacks of wheels in my basement, because I can't fit anything else in my garage.

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
Meh, hack em up and use them to make a shelf. My factory set of BMW wheels have been collecting dust in my garage for the past two years. Been considering doing this with them.

Also, my Explorer will probably be up for sale soon as its likley to get replaced by a 2007 Yukon Denali that I'm going to buy from my boss. Going to be a baller rolling on 20" dubs now. :rofl: Well, 20" wheels used to be considered dubs.... ;) ....any who. If anyone is looking for a cheap winter beater or off road toy let me know.

·
Administrator
24,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #4,791
Yeah, if there weren't so many people looking for good SVT Focus wheels I would think about it. But these would make someone very happy, so I'mma spread the joy a little.

·
Administrator
15,477 Posts
Heyyyy I might be interested in those, Andy. What’s the tire situation with them?

·
Administrator
24,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #4,793
The tire situation is - well, imagine the worst you have ever seen, and then go about 40% BEYOND that. Seriously, barely good enough to move in and out of my driveway to get my Bullitt out of the garage. They have the remains of my Bridgestone RE-71R's on them, with cords showing on at least 2 of them. Completely toast. Maybe good for a few miles, at low speeds, when it's warm outside. They will need tires immediately for any kind of earnest use.

THEY DO HOLD AIR THOUGH! :rofl:

·
Administrator
24,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #4,795
Say like $100 for the set? They are in good shape, but not immaculate.

·
Administrator
15,477 Posts
I dig the look of the SVTF 5 spokers on SVT Contours. Very similar to the factory wheel, but larger and a bit more modern looking. $100 is great.

Now how to get them here...

·
Administrator
24,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #4,798
I dig the look of the SVTF 5 spokers on SVT Contours. Very similar to the factory wheel, but larger and a bit more modern looking. $100 is great.

Now how to get them here...
That's the trick, for sure. Those things aren't cheap to ship even WITHOUT the tires. I don't mind sitting on them for God knows how long; they are just stacked in my basement under the stairs right now, and they aren't eating anything. So if I'm headed East, or you're headed West anytime in the future, or if someone we know is doing the same, we'll make it happen.

·
Administrator
24,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #4,800
I'll know I'll be in Pittsburgh for New Years...if that helps.
Hmm... so maybe if Frank is going to be in Ohio before New Year's I can pass them off on him... or maybe we could meet somewhere between Columbus and Pittsburgh then ( no offense, but I'd rather not drive a 6-hour round trip if I can help it :rofl: )

Reactions: wadespencer99
4781 - 4800 of 4818 Posts