New Cougar Forum banner

4761 - 4780 of 4818 Posts

·
Super Moderator
22,140 Posts
:rofl: it wasnt really cleaning, more of trying to organize the cluster eff my garage has become since cougarfest. I am going to make a real effort to down size stuff after the season is over.

anyone interested in a blacked out interior?

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
I found the "ban stick" when moving.
That reminds me, does anyone watch the Youtube channel "ThatDudeinBlue". He did a video review of Nemesis(George) latest Mustang. As typical with George's cars it is pretty stellar.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJsKy3LZl4g

I wonder what happened to George's cougar. Didn't he hang onto it for a while even after getting some of his other rides.

·
Administrator
24,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #4,763
I thought George's girlfriend inherited that one...

·
Administrator
24,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #4,765
LOL, DgnZCoug

·
5,262 Posts
Ha ha, I recognize those valve covers! Good luck on that sale :rofl:

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
Think they're aiming a little high on price Dan ?

2001 custom cougar C2
LOL, Jamollot just messaged me about this on Facebook today. I didn't even get that much for my silver cougar back in 2007, which had a lot more going on. He seemed super happy with it after I sold it to him. Sent me a couple text and pics of the car with updates. He said he planned to keep if for several years. He did put a little bit into it from what I recall. He fixed the small rust spots, tinted the windows, and added a cat-back exhaust of some sort. Apparently he also added a sub/amp/cap according to the add. So, the car is probably worth a little more then I sold it now, but not 6k IMHO.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
LOL, Jamollot just messaged me about this on Facebook today. I didn't even get that much for my silver cougar back in 2007, which had a lot more going on. He seemed super happy with it after I sold it to him. Sent me a couple text and pics of the car with updates. He said he planned to keep if for several years. He did put a little bit into it from what I recall. He fixed the small rust spots, tinted the windows, and added a cat-back exhaust of some sort. Apparently he also added a sub/amp/cap according to the add. So, the car is probably worth a little more then I sold it now, but not 6k IMHO.
I don't even recall what you sold it for, but I didn't think it was anywhere near his current asking price.

·
5,262 Posts
Recommendations for tire shop locally? Thinking about going online / mail order, instead of my usual Sam's Club route for daily driver tires (makes it really easy for rotations and balancing, do it while you shop).

·
Administrator
24,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #4,772
I do all my tire business at the Hilliard Discount Tire. The guys who work there are mostly really very competent, and willing to special order whatever you need. They really seem interested in getting your business.

I had ordered my last set of summer tires through Tire Rack for the rebate, and took them there to have them mounted & balanced. The guy told me they could have matched or beat that price, even though I had checked Discount Tire Direct before and didn't see a competitive price.

I ordered my race tires from Discount Tire Direct and took them there to have them mounted & balanced, and they told me that next time they could special order them in for me instead of me dealing with having them shipped to my house and driving them over there.

The techs were all geeked out about the race car, and seemed kind of stoked about working with race slicks for a change :rofl:

I have a CarCare One credit card at DT, so everything is 6-months interest-free. It's handy.

·
Registered
9,290 Posts
Thanks guys we are excited.

Congrats on the house Mark.

Chris put the Cougar on Craigslist, mine sold within a week after listing it there.
Craigslist scares the crap out of me. I really haven't listed it. Just too much going on, but I really want it gone by winter. How did you handle the payment, did you make them sign of bill of sale?
Also, congrats on the babe.

Recommendations for tire shop locally? Thinking about going online / mail order, instead of my usual Sam's Club route for daily driver tires (makes it really easy for rotations and balancing, do it while you shop).
Discount Tire all the way. I REALLY wish I had one in Kentucky. I used to frequent the one off Sawmill in Dublin. Then transitioned over to a Discount Tire in Lafayette when I lived there. The last time I bought tires I bought em while visiting up in Columbus, just a great company overall.

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
Craigslist scares the crap out of me. I really haven't listed it. Just too much going on, but I really want it gone by winter. How did you handle the payment, did you make them sign of bill of sale?
Also, congrats on the babe.
Thanks!

As for selling the cougar check the KY laws, some states require that you complete a bill of sale. Ohio does not, and basically completing the small form on the back of the title is all you need. You should have a notary complete and stamp the signing over of the title. The Ohio BMV website has some helpful information on this, KY might as well. In the past I have also downloaded a basic bill of sale off the internet, and others have done the same to me when buying a car. When I bought the silver cougar PGTATX even typed up a little something about not being liable, no warranty, etc, etc. It was something he typed up himself and was not written by an attorney or anything, and may or may not have held up in court, but I personally had not problem signing it. Since I have done about a half dozen private vehicle sales/purchase now I was comfortable with just signing over the title with this last two, and making a copy of it once completed along with the purchaser's ID for my records. A good notary will normally do this for you too.

As far as payment is concerned, anything under $4k for a vehicle should be handled in cash IMO. If they are uncomfortable with that no deal. If you/they are concerned about the money exchange, meet at your bank and deposit it immediately. That way you are in a safe and secure environment for the transaction. Oftentimes your bank will even have a notary that can assist with a title transfer, but call ahead about the notary if that is your plan. If the bank is not a reasonable option, I normally make sure someone else is with me as well and I normal carry mace in my pocket for the exchange. If at any point it doesn't feel good walk away, there is always another buyer. Now, anything more then $4k I would accept a certified bank check, as that is starting to get into some more serious money with higher risks for everyone, but then I would also insist on meeting at a bank.

The worst thing about Craigslist are the people that can't read when you put details in your listing, or fail to show after scheduling a time to look at the car. Also, when selling a car I will only talk on the phone about it, no text. Texting is too difficult when the buyer has questions about the car, and you get a better feel for the person when you talk on the phone. Otherwise, the people that I talk to that are obviously serious about buying one of my cars had good communication/dialog, mutual respect, and zero problems.

·
Super Moderator
22,140 Posts
andy I found a good new container to hold my extra lug nuts for autox. Its a lego 3-in-1 plastic container. it holds the stock nuts and the tuner socket with extra room, and it clicks closed. Its a lot better than the formula container i was using

·
Registered
9,290 Posts
Hey guys. ? Hope all is well. The Cougar is gone, to a good friend of mine. If you see it driving around southern Ohio be sure to wave. I had a great run and loved the car while I owned it but family, babies, etc etc. it just didn't get any of my time and I was sad to see it not be used.

Maybe in a few years I can pick up an ATS, find a decently priced Polestar V60 or maybe Subaru will bring the Legacy GT back. I can dream. ?

·
Administrator
24,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #4,779
Chris! How's fatherhood?

And whereabouts in Southern Ohio?

·
5,262 Posts
Hey Chris :wave:

4761 - 4780 of 4818 Posts