New Cougar Forum banner

Ohio BS thread!

501K views 5K replies 81 participants last post by  mmc757 
Roush wanna-be was an ATX, no? Aren't the half-shafts different between ATX and MTX? Might want to check that.

The Tempo rolled over 174K miles during the Thanksgiving driving this week - C-Bus to Canton/Massillon to Lancaster back to C-Bus.

How did a post about a bad hard drive turn in to an OSX versus Windows argument? :rolleyes:

It's not like Apple or MS build their own hard drives.

Sheesh.

BTW, Solaris rules! :evil:

Madcat said:
Yea well my laptop is from my Sr year in High School, it is a whopping 1.4gig P4 I think with 512 ram and a battery life of 20 mins if its sitting still.

So now what? Holla
Hah! My laptop is a PII-266MHz / 128MB / 4GB and the battery doesn't work at all! Phhtttt! :tongue:

nadthomas said:
I think its time to replace that, I just had a client give me a desktop computer with the same specs because he replaced it and didn't want it anymore.
If you get anymore clients like that, let me know! I'd love to have an el cheapo box like that for file server or proxied firewall or something.

I only have one program that's Windows only ( MathCad ) so as long as I have one Windows box, I wouldn't mind having a Mac, or a faster Solaris box. The question shouldn't be "what would you need a Mac for?" the question SHOULD be "why do you need Windows?". Except for that one program, I don't. Unless you need to run a Windows only program or game, there is no reason to choose Win over Mac. Or Win over Linux ;)

We use OpenOffice 2.0 where I'm currently working, and it really is as good as MS Office for at least 95% of what Office is used for. So unless you have a lot Office infrastructure (custom macros, VBscripts, etc.) you don't even really need MS software at all.

/pulpit

Mark could probably program circles around me
I don't think there's any "probably" about it mister! :banghead:

;)

New Year's Eve == some of Kristina's friends from around Cleveland came down for the evening. Drinking along with Shout It Out DVD and Apples to Apples games, watching the ball drop and popping the cork on the champagne, a 3 AM run to Waffle House :eek: , and not getting out of bed till 10:30 later that morning. :thumbsup:

But Kristina and I did watch the first two episodes of the Extended Edition of The Lord of the Rings during the long weekend. :)

Good, no, and none that you have to worry about hurting you.
There are three that can hurt you, but only if you try to annoy them.

http://www.ohiodnr.com/Wildlife/resources/reptiles/poisonoussnakes.htm
Copperhead, can hurt you but won't unless threatened, not usually fatal.
Eastern Massasauga , won't hurt you unless you really rile him up, rarely fatal.
Timber Rattlesnake, the most dangerous of the three, but not sure how often the bite is fatal from the ODNR information.

there's a bug in the software for this model where if you miss a call, the alarm won't go off...
That is wrong on so many levels... it's a #$^#*$^#*&^$ PHONE for Pete's sake! How complicated can it be? Stupid. Unbelievably stupid.

I miss my six year old monochrome Audiovox that just made calls. The menu structure was simple and quick. This Samsung I just got, though a highly rated phone, has a menu structure that sucks. It's painfully obvious that all the easy menus (like VCast Pix, Flix, and Music) are easy simply to make money for the carrier, and the menus that the user needs, like locking the phone, getting messages, etc. are complicated.

I need to figure out how to unlock it, so I can play MP3s on it, instead of only the VCast crap.

It has promise, but it was released a little early.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

JAMallott said:
I'm right by Andy
Since when? Where?

Not that it really matters, considering how often I've ever called Andy when I'm only five miles away :(

I had a pretty good Valentine's Day. Snowed in, did some shoveling, worked on "real work" for an hour, made dinner for the woman after we canceled our Val's Day dinner reservations (rescheduled for Saturday night), a casual and relaxing day. :)

Now I'm at work :(

What he said ^^^^^^ !!!

I miss my Laser Red too. :( Sitting in the garage since Thanksgiving, and now she's got a dead battery. Still sitting on the summer Toyos too. Make no mistake, I'm glad I've got Ol' Ruby The Tempo to make it through the slush and crap to work, but I miss Laser Red. ::sigh:: Spring is only... how far away again?

nadthomas said:
I tried to get the cougar up to 100mph yesterday, and it took freak'n forever,
yeah, but don't you have like ridiculously short gearing in that Cougar? How much does that effect the time?

Dan, you got cats on the Cougar, or headers or high-flow or what? Could it be clogged cats, or funky IMRC, or ... I don't know. Hope you get it straightened out!

My company is sponsoring a March Madness Happy Hour tonight at Quaker Steak and Lube :) :thumbsup: Free wings and :beer: , games and prizes for the employees. I could use a :beer: right now!

Hard to engender a sense of camaraderie in a consulting company since the majority of employees don't work in the same place, so Quick does stuff like this to get everyone in the same place and give them a nice little perk.

Dang it, I've seen that G500 AMG on the road before! Had no idea it was handmade, or had that kind of horsepower!

I'm tired. Four and a half hours sleep, and an early morning trip to the airport.

I bought a new battery for Laser Red last weekend, and got her out of the garage for the first time since November! I missed her. Time to get crackin' on CougarFest mods :)

^^^^^ :(

If ya need some help, let me know.

Tygerr said:
New battery? My stocker's running strong.
It was six years old, and I don't think it liked sitting unused for six months out of the year the past two years. The OEM battery (same make and model) from the '98 Contour was still going strong last year. I'll need to recharge it and see if it's OK still though.

Lunar Limelight said:
I'll trade you!
Did you notice this part?
nadthomas said:
I'm just tired of fixing things on this car. I spend my weekdays researching problems, and how to best fix them, and then I spend my weekends fixing them.
;)

danthomas said:
I generally spend over $200 a month either fixing or upgrading the car trying to make it something that I am happy with.
Anything you buy will be more than $200 a month. But your problem is more the "upgrading ... something that I am happy with." The Cougar is what it is. It may be time for you to move on. :(

Dude, I've put over 15K miles on the Tempo with no repairs. :rofl:

Don't ask about some of the other intervals though :rolleyes: Started at 139K miles, and she's at 182K miles now.

I think the $200 a month for repairs is a combination of 100K miles plus (right?) and it being a car that begs enthusiastic driving :) But if it really doesn't meet your needs anymore, while I will be sad to see it go, I certainly understand your choice. Do Lightnings come with traction control? I'd want it for January!

Good luck. :thumbsup:

Consumer Reports has had good things to say about Westinghouse LCD TVs, so they shouldn't make too shabby a monitor panel. Nice find!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.