New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 4808 Posts

·
Administrator
24,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Everybody else has one. This might be a doomed thread, but what the hey...

Man, I have never been so tempted to get rid of this Cougar. Stor-n-Sell by my house has a 98 Grand Prix GTP - 2 DOOR! - black, for $6300. I have always wanted a GTP, but you hardly ever see the 2-door model, for some reason. And the black ones are equally scarce; it seems I always see red or silver ones. SO HOT! But man, I do love my manual transmission. That's the real deal-breaker right there. If the GTP came with a stick, I would be rockin the Poncho right now...

In other news, I washed the Cougar today. I went to a RollerGirls Halloween party last night, and parking was in this field, and I got STUCK up to my AXLES in mud. So needless to say, it was a mess. If I'd have known the ground was so soft, I'd have never gone. They had to pull 3 other people out of the mud that night; but my car was the lowest, so they couldn't use the tow hook; just had to push :)

And in still other news, I noticed yesterday that my IMRC linkage was broken :confused: Of all the stupid things, the little white clip had come off, and was gone. So even though I could have gone to pick-n-pull and grabbed one for free, I actually went to Keim Ford (which is like 2 miles from my house) and paid 6 bucks for one. So I fixed the IMRC and also installed a new fuel pump (stupid me - I had just filled the tank the night before. Why!?!?!), since my old one (that I bought new about 6 months before the recall) was taking a dump on me.

So anyway, the Cougar is clean again, and I need to take some photos of the interior since I have blacked everything out (well - almost everything) but Lisa left the digicam at her mother's house, 2 hours away. But I did take a couple of sound bytes of my exhaust, which are here:

Inside: CLICK

Outside: CLICK

I'm sick for my Flowmaster. That's why I've never upgraded my stereo system. Who needs music when you get to listen to that all the time?

·
Administrator
24,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re: Ohio BS thread?

Oh, and I forgot to mention-

I was going to Ruby Tuesday's in Hilliard today, and I was passed by a spruce green 99-00 Cougar with taillight covers and what appeared to be Borla duals! No truck tips! So who is that?

·
Registered
1,617 Posts

Never called me back, or posted an answer to my message. I can run by with my camera tomorrow after work if youd like.

·
Registered
1,617 Posts

Oh, and why does nothing ever go on in this state? Where has Mark been (linkman)? Ron just completed most of my LED swap this weekend, had a kick @ss party, spent 5 days with the MC guys, got creeped out at the Canadian border, swapped 02 side panels with Jrak for my 99's, sold a sunroof, drank enough jello shots to make me sober, slid on the floor at Lisa's work, helped out Farnaz with her Cougar.....sigh.....so much.

So here's my BS for this thread. Why do I have to travel to another state/country, and drive 200+ miles to have such a good time when Im from the Ohio chapter? Especially when we have equally awesome people here, who have definately been good to me and everyone else. I always thought of Cleveland as a motor city, and thats where im from. Maybe thats saying something. But here's my :bs:

·
Administrator
24,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

jrak123 said:
Don't worry Brett we like having youas a mascot
:rofl: mascot...

Sorry I forgot to call you back, Brett. I didn't hear anything from anybody all weekend.

:bs:!

·
Registered
1,684 Posts

Get rid of it.

Most of the cool people got rid of their Cougars and the people that still have them have disappeared. Having said that, the forums are a little dull. You're welcome to come up here and hang out anytime.

·
Administrator
24,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

silverkat said:
Get rid of it.

Most of the cool people got rid of their Cougars and the people that still have them have disappeared.
Owch, harsh...:eek:

·
Registered
5,952 Posts

:( That hurt Diane....

lol

My Coug has been doin allright. I still havent had a chance to put in that new throttle cable Andy sent me (P.S. Andy, my checks were sent to the coperate office and still have not come to me, so I'm going to pick them up next time I'm back in town, which will be in like 2-3 weeks. I'll be able to pay you then if that's cool). But I'm just starting to really want something else as well. I want something turbo and AWD thats cheap. I know that means DSM, but I don't have the money to keep fixing it as of now. So I guess I have to stick with the Coug.

School sucks.
Rochester sucks.

The other day I got to experiance working on Audi suspension. That $hit is fu(ked up. One one single front coner of the car, they have: a lower rear control arm, lower front control arm, upper rear control arm, and a upper front control arm. Also the wheel studs are part of the lug nut. Meaning when you take out the lugs, the studs come too. So when you are putting the wheel back on, there is nothing to hold it in place while you put the lugs back on. Its retarded.

·
Administrator
24,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Dude sorry School is sucking. But that's what school generally does, until you're finished with it.

No, really, I have no reason to want to get rid of the Cougar, except for the fact that the GTP was so hawt. The Cougar is actually doing better these days than it ever has, and I still love getting in it every morning and driving to work. It's unprecedented.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts

heres my random :bs: :

family likes to stab you in the back when they get the chance, actually its more like a plunge and twist but you get the idea. i have since resigned from family functions or talking to anyone outside of my parents and brother. no more grandpa business for me. i already have too much on my plate as it is.

i agree with jamallot. school sucks. its sucks even more when you want to throw your hat in the ring and quit but in reality you cant because theres only 6 classes away from GRADUATION. gawd, i just want it OVER. :disgust:

suprising enough when your not spending all your money on car mods or in fact keeping the car running, you actually have money for other things like, OMG I bought matching/functional FURINATURE! My apartment no longer looks like a dorm room. may have a party at some point before the end of the year.

exes are creepy when they become stalkers. i dumped this guy that i had been dating for almost 3yrs and had been engaged to for the last 8 months of the relationship a little over four months ago. he became creepy stalker guy... never thought I would have to resort to a restraining order. :shrug:

i went from owning a car and being in a club to being the girlfriend of a guy that owns the car and is in a car club. very weird transistion for me. very weird. funny thing is i am more the car enthusist than my boyfriend (yes I am dating someone new we've been together for 3months but we've known each other for 7yrs.) heck, i've taken over doing some of the maintenance on the car. if your wondering its a 2003 MINI Cooper S. 6spd. in British Racecar Green w/ white accents and there is a slight chance of me getting my own but in pure sliver w/ black accents in the near future. (details later)

one more thing.... my friends need to stop having babies. all my friends from high school have kids now. its creepy. :eek: its like a diease and i will not *knockonwood* be catching it anytime soon. *shudder*

·
Administrator
24,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

Yay for the BS thread! All the stuff that doesn't quite merit its OWN thread!

I love Ohio NECO!

·
Registered
2,623 Posts

I have "new" seats and an awesome piece of art work from Andy.

Brett watch out for those floors. They are dangerous man.

·
Registered
9,290 Posts

I hear ya Andy. Those GTP's are definitely hawt, and a black 2 door you say!!! Don't get me started. I might steal it from ya.

While on the subject. I need a new car, I'm keeping the cougar you ****s, so don't try and tell me otherwise. ;) I want it to be somewhat sporty, but it needs to be really comfy. I'm thinking... a) Monte SS (or possibly GTP?), b) Accord (vtec!), and a few others like the Milan, Mazda6, and Altima? I dunno. Lots of test driving to do. I was thinking below 10k?

Brett. There's plenty to do down here. You've just been brainwashed. Lol.

School does suck. Hardcore. I start my job Monday, last day at Circuit is wednesday. That alone is worth the three years of hell they call school and tens of thousands of dollars in debt. They're keeping me on schedule though for backup work, if I'm available, so my discount stays. :grin:

That sucks to hear about your family Sare. :( I really only talk to my immediate family. Some of my extended family is ...weird.

·
Premium Member
22,086 Posts

Just wanted to see what the duece was going on in here. I'll have to czech back from time to time and keep up. ;)

·
Administrator
24,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

Tygerr said:
I hear ya Andy. Those GTP's are definitely hawt, and a black 2 door you say!!! Don't get me started. I might steal it from ya.
Dude, the odds of me buying ANOTHER car are slim to none. You should TOTALLY check out this GTP, man - then you could just let me drive it a time or two ;) I'd be happy with that...

It's at the U-STOR-n-SELL at the corner of Wilson Road and Fisher Road. HAWT.

·
Registered
2,623 Posts

B3NN3TT said:
Dude, the odds of me buying ANOTHER car are slim to none. You should TOTALLY check out this GTP, man - then you could just let me drive it a time or two ;) I'd be happy with that...

It's at the U-STOR-n-SELL at the corner of Wilson Road and Fisher Road. HAWT.
I HAVE A ROAD?! Fisher road. I feel special.

·
Administrator
24,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

Lunar Limelight said:
I have "new" seats and an awesome piece of art work from Andy.

Brett watch out for those floors. They are dangerous man.
We'll need some photos of those seats, Ma'am.

I already saw the art :p

·
Registered
2,623 Posts

B3NN3TT said:
We'll need some photos of those seats, Ma'am.

I already saw the art :p
I'll send you a pic of them via txt but for the rest I have to take them, upload blah blah blah. It looks great with the headliner.

·
Registered
4,201 Posts

soldier989 said:
Oh, and why does nothing ever go on in this state? Where has Mark been (linkman)? Ron just completed most of my LED swap this weekend, had a kick @ss party, spent 5 days with the MC guys, got creeped out at the Canadian border, swapped 02 side panels with Jrak for my 99's, sold a sunroof, drank enough jello shots to make me sober, slid on the floor at Lisa's work, helped out Farnaz with her Cougar.....sigh.....so much.

So here's my BS for this thread. Why do I have to travel to another state/country, and drive 200+ miles to have such a good time when Im from the Ohio chapter? Especially when we have equally awesome people here, who have definately been good to me and everyone else. I always thought of Cleveland as a motor city, and thats where im from. Maybe thats saying something. But here's my :bs:
There is one reason and one reason alone why we barely have meets anymore: Nobody wants to take the initiative to plan a meet. I'd do it but there isn't a single worth while thing to do around my area for people to come over for. And my little ass apartment isn't even close to big enough to have guests. My neighbors would flip from all the cars parked here (though i have to admit i would enjoy that).

You know what's sad? As i drive around i keep my eye out for houses for sale. When i spot one i take a quick look at it to see if it would be big enough to invite everybody over for a party/mod meet/get together.

My doctor ramped up my anti-depressants last week. I'm hoping it helps make an improvement on my lack of ambition.

I'm already sick of this ****ing cold...

I need a remote starter for my truck...

I've thought about getting a device that would sort of preheat the coolant in my truck so that it doesn't take long for it to get up to temp and melt the frost on my windows.

I wish more people would buy my ****. I really need to get some of this stuff out of my way.

Shadowfart is still a damn retard.

So is Nos_Cougar.

I really need my own machine/fabrication shop. I'd get projects done so much faster!

I need to win the lottery.

I need to start playing the lottery.

I'm just rambling...can you tell?

I need to get laid...

Where the hell is Slade?

No, i don't want to get laid by Slade...

I know you were thinking it.

Nasty ****er...

I need to get out of this ****ing apartment!

I do not look forward to going back to work tonight.

I get to spend the entire night in an uncomfortable harness and ride around in a Genie and clean all the overhead stuff in the shop.

Most of the time i think our shop is small and that we need to expand.

Then when it comes time to clean it i think it's too damn big.

Okay.

That's it.

I'm done.

See ya later.

Bye.

Brian

1 - 20 of 4808 Posts