New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1. Turn the key into ON position - tha dash board turns on
2. Start cranking - and at the moment of key turning I hear noticable CLICK! (a loud one!) somewhere under the hood. And EVERYTHING turns off!
3. Next however I turn the key - nothing is working and nothing is turning on - the car is DEAD!
4. Opened the hood and just - RESTICKED my fuses in the central junction box (under the hood). The fuses are OK - it's strange...
5. And then I can start it up!

What's that??!!! :banghead:

·
So its begun.....
16,840 Posts
How do your battery terminals look? Are they tight as well?

·
Premium Member
3,081 Posts
Yes, there must be a bad or corroded connection on either the power or the ground coming from the fuse box, because when you are pulling and inserting the fuses, you are moving the fuse box around and most likely temporarily fixing the connection.

·
Premium Member
1,466 Posts
Dont know as if they will need replaced. Take a look at them, check for corrosion or any type of thing like that. If they are corroded get a wire brush after them and hit them up with any type of grease like wheel bearing grease or anything, just to keep the corrosion off from them.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you!

1. Checked the battery - it's ok
2. Checked battery terminals and tried to tight connectors as mush as I could - look normal now

Now I dont have such problem - just waiting - will it happen again or not....

I still think that I have to replace starter - it's screeching on startup and I don't want it to kill my flexplate... Maybe (as PREDATOR wrote) it's going out and it's electrics is dying too...

And at the same time I think that I'll have to replace both cables - they look BAD and connectors are close to full wear....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.