New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Oh man, picked up my car a couple of hours ago and DAMN does it rock! This is totally AWESOME!

For a quick review:
- 2 x Rockford Fosgate Punch HE (High Energy) 10" (RFP3410's)
- 1 x Rockford Fosgate Punch 250.2 factory tested at 418 watts, with remote volume ( "Remote Punch Bass" )
- sealed prefab hatchback box, damn near the recommended air volume
- stock premium deck and speakers (for security and money reasons mostly)

I put a few quick pics up if anyone's interested. You can find them here. (Should have gotten a pic of the volume knobby thing. Maybe tomorrow.)

Cheers,
Scottie

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just looked in the manual for more info. They call it "Remote Punch Bass" and it is a little knob that you can mount under your dash (in my case, inside the centre console storage area under the arm rest) that allows you to adjust the 45 Hz band. Here's what the manual says:

<< The Punch Bass helps correct for acoustical deficiencies in the listening environment. The Punch Bass allows a narrow band adjustment at 45Hz to help reproduce full range sound without excessive boost. The Punch 250 utilizes a Remote Bass control that is variabled from 0dB to +18dB. >>

Interesting.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
For anyone who's curious about the Remote Punch Bass control, there's a good picture of it here. It's part of a small album of pictures of the system which can be found here or via the Index button from the previous link.

Cheers,
Scott.

G

·
I was running my system off my factory head unit for about 2 weeks. I just couldn't get it exactly like I wanted. I bought a Sony Mobile ES head unit and installed it...WOW! You can't imagine the difference. Save up a couple hundred bucks and buy a head unit. I will be the best money you can spend on your system.

-Chad

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Rockford subs rock! I use them. Best compromise of SPL and sound quality, I figure. Adding bass to your system is the best option first. Save your money for the better decks. They DO sound better. I got a good deal on a $1000 deck, and I would never go back to the $200 one.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the input guys. Actually, I'm happy enough with the sound quality as it is. I *think* the CD/Tape/Radio premium deck sounds better than the premium cd OR tape decks (my buddy has the premium cd in his focus, and mine has always sounded better). I just wanted to add kick. I don't want to have to start carrying a face plate around again or worrying that people are gonna steal my deck, so the stock unit is a good solution. Plus with a leased car it just keeps things simpler.

And you're right c, the Rockfords rock! I'm an evangelist now.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Including taxes (14% here in BC, 7% federal and 7% provincial) and install, $1200 Canadian, which at the current exchange, is about $765 USD.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.