New Cougar Forum banner

61 - 80 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
752 Posts
These rims are like the Holy Grail of Cougar rims, had 'em on my Coug as well, sold them for $300 to a local Coug owner. I still see my rims from time to time:cry: Absolutly gorgeous IMO
Hey, i just bought a shoebox of these today for $250, they were the 17'' Absolutely GORGEOUS i agree.
Ill post a pic later.

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
my first wheels were 15 inch MB wheels, cause i couldnt afford big wheels n tires.
my current wheels are 17 inch ADR Design. wrapped in 215/45 tires.

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
18" Zinik Ikeda Chrome Rims With Lexani Tires

Well, I just got some new rims today :)

They are 18" Zinik Ikeda Chrome Rims With Lexani Tires.

I think they look great.

CougarRims1.jpg CougarRims2.jpg

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
I was looking through the gallery and found a picture of hamill's Cougar from a while back. I tried asking him but he hasn't been online in a few months, so I doubt I'll be getting a response soon. Either way, I'd really love to know which wheels he has on his picture. In one of the tags of the picture it says Enkei, but nothing else about them. If anyone could tell me I'd greatly appreciate it.

·
Registered
66 Posts
thats nice, what are they? thats kinda the point to this thread
Thanks, I'm not too sure what are the wheels but the tires are Toyo Proxes 4 205/40/17.

I got the wheels + the tires for $320 and they are almost new :O I'll check the brand of the wheels soon

·
Administrator
24,478 Posts
Probably should go with a 45-series tire when you replace those. 40s are not enough rubber on 17s with a big car like this, and your speedo is probably WAY off.

Reactions: jamesvc1

·
Registered
869 Posts
Huron, nice choice on the rims, however I would look into lowering it next, there is way to much wheel gap there.

·
Administrator
24,478 Posts
Huron, nice choice on the rims, however I would look into lowering it next, there is way to much wheel gap there.
Probably just because the parking brake is set on a steep incline. I'm sure it sits lower on level ground.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Its actually the rear strut mounts, got the new ones from ford on their way. But thanks I appreciate it. Unfortunately those rims are discontinued so if one bends I'm kind of in a pinch.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Well, I'm a college student. So naturally I haven't been able to afford new (or new to me) rims.
Instead, I used some plasti dip on my stock rims to make them prettier :)

I think they turned out pretty well for about 2 hours of work and $15 of plasti dip.

61 - 80 of 93 Posts