New Cougar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10,945 Posts
This topic is open for discussion; most of the information has been gathered from various places around the net, and is constantly in a state of edit. If you have any more info, please post it. PLEASE STAY ON TOPIC :)

Roush Edition Mercury Cougar

Model Years: 1999-2000

Production Number: 112 (2 year production period)

Colors that were available: Rio Red, Ebony Black, Vibrant White and Silver Frost in 1999; some Zinc Yellow Special Editions were built in 2000.

Component Parts: Front Fascia (2 pieces), Side Skirts, Rear Valance, Fog Light Covers, Polished Stainless Steel Exhaust Tip, Rear Wing, Roush Embroidered Floor Mats, Roush Window Banner, Special Roush Rear Hatch Emblem, Roush Performance Drop Springs, Roush Sway Bar, Tuner Alloy Wheels (2 styles) with Performance Rated Tires.

Optional Components: Dual Polished Stainless Steel Free-Flow Exhaust Tips, Interior Trim Kit and Roush CNC Billet Machined Pedals.

The Roush wing was stamped on the underside with an insignia that identifies it as a true Roush part (pictured below). The wing was copied and used on some later special-edition Cougars (the 2002 XR and 35th Anniversary editions) without the Roush insignia.

Photo of the Roush billet pedals installed:

Photo of the second-generation Roush wheels, used on most 2000-model-year Cougars:

Photo of the second-generation Roush wheels on a Zinc Yellow 2000 Roush edition:

Each true Roush edition is identified by an ID tag located in the passenger's side door jamb. It bears the specific serial number of the vehicle, and confirms that it is one of the original Roush-built Cougars, and not a clone. The serial number can be cross-referenced on Roush's website for verification. The tags look like this:

Clones are common, as Roush Industries made all of the parts available separately for retail sale. Most have become very scarce in the ensuing years.

Members with Real Roush Edition Cougars:

- racerx (the original 99 Roush Cougar)
- Skywalker/Estiem (previous owner)
- Kinger
- 99Black
- Wadespencer99
- Roush Cougar Girl

Roush Cougar photos: Link

·
Premium Member
22,086 Posts
Hehehehehehehehe . . . I have four of those wheels sitting in my Grand Prix right now . . . :wiggle: Thank you Frosting, I wanted to make sure I made my Roush clone as true to the production model as possible . . . and mine will actually live up to the name a little. ;)

·
Registered
263 Posts
Great info to have.

I've been looking high and low for a set of Roush side skirts for a while now...hard to find!

·
Registered
10,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Frost-tacular...

I wonder what the Interior Trim Kit is?

Its interesting where the exhaust tips are.

--george
I was thinking that the interior kit was similar to those stick on kits that go around the dash panels, door panels, etc. I may be wrong.

Yeah, the position of those dual tips is definitely interesting. Most of us have put them farther apart from each other. I just looks better that way.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Great info to have.

I've been looking high and low for a set of Roush side skirts for a while now...hard to find!
Try readyparts idk if u coud get just the skirts but it worth a try check the "where to buy a roush kit forum" these kits seem to be a hard thing to find...make me glad to be an owner :)

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Try readyparts idk if u coud get just the skirts but it worth a try check the "where to buy a roush kit forum" these kits seem to be a hard thing to find...make me glad to be an owner :)

or talk to me :) i've got a set of skirts for sale

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.