New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 134 Posts

·
Registered
4,959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, i wanted to wait until all contracts were signed to make the announcement, but i am confident that we are "locked in" to both the facility and the hotel. So, to appease the masses...

CougarFest 2004

Host City - Indianapolis, Indiana.

Dates - Thursday July 22nd - Sunday July 25th 2004

Hotel - Clarion Hotel & Conference Center, 2930 Waterfront Parkway, West Drive , Indianapolis, IN, US, 46214 DO NOT contact the hotel to reserve rooms Hotel Registration instructions will follow very soon. James has blocked 75 rooms for CougarFest. This means that the problems we had last year with people being turned away WILL NOT happen this coming year. The rooms will be less than $300 for the weekend. To reiterate what was said in another thread, the hotel was not chosen purely on price, but also on location, amount of rooms, lot size, and use of extra rooms for events that will be announced later.

The show - Saturday July 24th 2004 - The show will take place at the hotel. The show is in its preliminary stages in planning, but so far we have over $1200 in donated product to raffled off. This is even before i have picked up a phone to start contacting companies, which i will start on Monday now that the final puzzle piece is in place in terms of "When & Where?" Organized how-to's will return, as will trophies. Pizza and pop will not make a return.

And now, for the first time...

TRACK - Indianapolis Raceway Park, Friday July 23rd 2004
For the first time CougarFest will have a track day. We have rented the IRP all to ourselves for 8 hours of Drag Strip use and AutoCross. This is the event that will help us set the bar for all CougarFests to come. Obviously with this event comes huge responsibility and liability. We will have to adhere to all NHRA rules for the drag strip and all SCCA rules for the AutoCross, rules which i will compile and post shortly.

The full itinerary will be posted when the CougarFest committee finalizes everything. If you don't see it listed above then it's not finalized yet, i.e. food, registration fees, etc.

Now you can see what the raffles are going towards. The weekend is easily a $6000 venture. There are some that may think this is excessive, but i think NECO and TeamNECO are very deserving of a show such as this. There are some that may think this schedule will be too hectic, but it won't. We will be in one location on Friday and one on Saturday, with plenty of leisure time, especially at night. The CougarFest committee is dedicated to making this event great. How can you help? Buy more raffle tickets. The raffles are paying for the majority of CougarFest. The more tickets sold = the less we'll have to ask for registration. And just so you know, i know exactly how many raffle tickets have been bought by each person. ;)

·
Premium Member
2,810 Posts
Holy Isht! 8 hours of Drag and Autocross time! Our cars are gonna be beat to hell and back! That rocks!

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
out-freakin-standing

:applause:

I know what I'm doing for summer vacation!!

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
yeah, i'll definately make it there. prolly thursday night though as i'll just have to use a 'sick day' for friday :)

is anything planned for thursday??

·
Registered
4,959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Originally posted by: rista
Nothing yet... but overall it's going to be "Meet and Greet." Like i said... PLENTY of hang-out time. :)

·
Administrator
11,633 Posts
Originally posted by: rista
yeah, i'll definately make it there. prolly thursday night though as i'll just have to use a 'sick day' for friday :)

Probably a lot of standing & walking around. Lots of us will have 10+ hour drives. That's how the past CF's have started when everyone trickles in. Just one big hang-out in the parking lot.

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
hmmmm...... i may have to take thursday off as well since i've not met too many of you guys in person. plus you guys have to get to know the man known as the 'joe dirt' look-alike:disgust: (aka ME)

·
So its begun.....
16,839 Posts
We won't be there till friday

·
Registered
10,831 Posts
I just wanted to state very quickly that TeamNECO.com decided to forego a separate event (HCKC 2K4) to combine with CougarFest to make this event Spectacular and MUCH larger...

·
w00t!
15,782 Posts
eek...July... heeeeeeeeeat!
hopefully its not too bad... :cover: and i will most likely be there for the Thrusday night festivites :biggrin:

one thing that wasn't mentioned there Don... did James just reserve 75 rooms? or 75 rooms TOGETHER...

one major thing at Virginia as you remember, is that we were scattered all over the hotel.
I think the plan for "the next event" was that we all get put in our own "wing" of the hotel... is that still on the list of things to do?

·
is a pop sensation
13,668 Posts
WooHoo. Autocross!!! Now I have to bring my sticky tires with me.

·
T3/T4 60-1
8,015 Posts
We bought 75 rooms... i sure hope they are all on the same floor...

OH AND THAT'S NOT ALL FOLKS

more to come... but we are planning something VERY VERY LARGE!!! (this is just very large)

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Very well done guys and girls. I cant wait for my 3rd Cougarfest. Looks like this one will blow all the other ones out of the water, and not everything has been revealed yet! Like I said before......WELL DONE!!!!

·
w00t!
15,782 Posts
Originally posted by: PuckPuck
We bought 75 rooms... i sure hope they are all on the same floor...

OH AND THAT'S NOT ALL FOLKS

more to come... but we are planning something VERY VERY LARGE!!! (this is just very large)
Free hot wimmenz for all??? :biggrin:

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
It sounds like it will be a great time! You have done a fantastic job of planning so far! Keep up the good work! One question about following the rules at the track... Will I not be allowed to run since I do not have a blow down valve for the nitrous, and also have the battery in the trunk with no cutoff switch? The blowdown can be done, but I am not gonna mount a switch on the outside of my car! I second the notion of grouping the rooms together too... I would hate to have a curfew instilled upon us due to someone trying to get some sleep in the room next door!

1 - 20 of 134 Posts