New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When installing my 20 year old donut today, it occurred to me that I really shouldn't be driving on a 20 year old donut.
I thought maybe I would get a new donut when I get new real tires so I went to check prices.
It turns out nobody sells a 125/90/15 tire that I can find.
The Fiesta uses a 125/80/15 which is about an inch smaller diameter. That's a little more than I would like although I guess as long as its on the rear it probably wouldn't hurt anything.

·
Registered
2,669 Posts
If you have ABS itll mess with it.

·
Premium Member
4,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It seems like Slime and a compressor might be the best of all the bad choices.
That wouldn't have helped me today but it would work for every other flat I've ever had.

·
Premium Member
4,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah, I might just do that. I cant get another wheel to match the ones on Foundracer so thats a bummer but I've got a bunch of factory 17's laying around so I can just use one of those. Maybe build up a platform around it in the trunk to have a level floor with tool storage underneath.

·
Super Moderator
22,302 Posts
thats how it was done in goldie. remind me later on and ill get a picture of it. since the subs are tucked in the corners it works well to hold them in place as well. She had made a clear cut out and put it in the trunk cover to show off the wheel

·
Premium Member
4,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Something like this wouldn't both work on our platform and probably fit within the wheel well?
That's a nice find! That's an inch larger than our original and looks like a great spare.
Hard to justify $467 for a donut though...

·
Registered
160 Posts
Call your friendly neighborhood Volvo dealer? (They're notoriously good at getting oddball tyre sizes through continental that nobody else can)

Edit: Continental Contact CST17 lists 125 90 r15 as a size, and BMW used that size as recent as 2018 if not now.
IMG_20190325_173841.jpg
Note the date codes

·
Premium Member
4,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Nice find! I didn't come up with anything on my searches. It seems like spares are usually sold attached to the rim so the 4x108 pattern becomes an additional limiter.
I think I'm going to try the 15" Focus wheels, I found a cheap set with good tires that I'm going to buy this evening . They have 195/60/15 tires installed which are basically the same diameter so I think they will fit right in the well. They are a few inches wider so elevation will have to be dealt with but thats okay. It will be nice to have a real tire on the spare if I ever need it again, especially since I pretty much use interstates everywhere I go.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts