New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
for the stock hood take off the ground wire. then unpop the washer nozzels . then unbolt the 4 bolts holding the hood on .. then to put the cf hood on do the same thing in reverse except you dont need to bolt that ground wire on .. just tuck it out of the way somewhere. you might also wanna trim the top of the latch mechinism down a liittle bit..(the black latch hold on the car, not the hood.) jujst trim a little off the tip cuz that might hit the hood and cause a hole to be made. then once you have done that
close the hood. see if the bumpers need to be adjusted . then sit back and enjoy .

·
Premium Member
1,312 Posts
i'd also like to add something since i put the cf hood on my car... if you just trim the top of the latch, the hood will be very hard to close. the bar on the hood that goes into the latch will scrape against the frame on the car and will probably not be too good for the hood itself. you need to also extend the 3 bolt holes on the latch downwards and move the latch upward and may need to move it a little to the left/right depending on how the hood is sitting (one side may be popped up a bit when fully closed). after this the hood should close nice and easy. there is a picture on here somewhere of what a modified latch looks like.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts