New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have the stock cd player, but am looking into getting the stock 6 disk changer. i need to find a harness. anyone know part number? thanks
jason

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
good luck! I paid 50 bucks to get the wrong harness from ford and thats the only one listed sooo... I went aftermarket, much happier now too.

·
8,544 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
I have the harness still in my car from my stock setup.... i can cut like 3 feet off of each end and you can splice some 20-6 or however much wire u need into it to run it. if the offer's good enough i'd consider taking it out in 1 piece.

chris

·
Registered
145 Posts
Im not sure but hey.. I have the 6 cd changer and my cd indash is only a cassett.. Are the connections in teh back of a cd indash the same as the cassett? you might wanan check man.

·
8,544 Posts
That's a good question - I have the cassette player with the 6 CD changer (in the trunk). I think they also offered a CD player in dash with the 6 CD changer option (i.e., what jason01cougar is trying to recreate) ... Common sense would suggest the connections will be the same, but this is Ford we're dealing with.

Anyone know the answer? If the connections are the same, is anyone willing (who isn't using their factory CD head unit) to swap for a cassette head unit? :)

--RJ

1 - 8 of 8 Posts