New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
RIP CougaH
5,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so they finally decided to stop trying to fix my car after 3 months of constantly finding stuff wrong with it. So the insurance company "totalled it out" and told the ford dealership that was working on it to just put everything back on the car without fixing it. Well this inluded the transmission they had out of the car at the time... and when they put it back in, they managed to trap the battery cables down below it.

Now this wouldn't be such a big deal if the morons hadnt left the driver's side window open before they pulled the battery in the first place :rolleyes: So now I have bought the car back, and it is sitting outside my house in the parking lot, but is stuck with the window down. We tried using jumper cables to basically extend the battery cables to reach the battery, and although we got power to some parts of the electrical system, the window still won't go down...

So my question is... Which wired would I have to Tap into on the door panel to "jump" the window motor, and give it power directly, effectively bypassing all those stupid wiring harnesses that are screwed up?

Thanks in advance for any help you can give... and before the vultures try to take over this thread ;) ... I will NOT be parting out the car, so no you can't have anything off of it :biggrin:

G

·
ive had the motor and the clip replaced in my driver side window 3 times and it still does not auto-roll down all the way. it drives me nuts! any ideas?

·
Registered
4,861 Posts
Take off the shell to the door, then look under the window motor and actuator itself -- you'll see the wires extending out of them up to the relay and the switch. Just splice them out and power it up... I believe polarity causes the window to move in whatever direction it moves -- so it might be a test run first :biggrin:

·
RIP CougaH
5,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah I completely forgot about this thread... we ended up pulling the inner door panel off, and getting in there, pulling off the motor, lifting the window, and attaching the motor again... problem solved ;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts