New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gurus,

When a CEL popped up at 75K, I figured my bank 2 O2 sensor went bad, since my bank 1 went bad at 50K. The codes returned by my trusty Alex Peper ODB2 scanner seem to indicate my guess was correct, however, it also informed me of a misfire problem! I am surprised, because I never got a misfire indicator light. Anybody know what the real story is here?

P1151 Lack of HO2S21 switches - sensor indicates lean

P0420 Catalytic System Efficiency Below Threshold (Bank 1)

Catalyst rear to front switch ratio bank 1 is 0.69 (max=0.66)

Evaporative fuel tank pressure low. high is -3.57" (min=-7.2")

Misfire Type B Emission Cylinder 7 is 100% (max=1.9)

Misfire Type B Emission Cylinder 8 is 100% (max=1.9)

Misfire event monitor events completed is 14259 (max=0)

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
Uh, Gary- You don't have a cylinder 7 or 8... Sounds like it's a generic OBDII scanner that's incapable of determining what type of ECU it's attached to. The bank lean and catalyst below efficiency threshold codes are what's actually causing the CEL- The other codes are being returned by what would appear to be the OBDII scanner.

You want me to hook it up to the Autotap this Saturday? We'll figure out what codes are good and which are false.

·
Registered
3,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ahhh, good point, Dan! I just got really anxious when I saw Misfire count = 14259!
I've already ordered the O2 sensor from Auto Medic Supply. Hopefully it will arrive by this weekend for the meet.
I need to learn how to do data capture with my scanner. It would help to check the switching frequency of the HEGOs.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Originally posted by: gamiller
Gurus,
Misfire Type B Emission Cylinder 7 is 100% (max=1.9)

Misfire Type B Emission Cylinder 8 is 100% (max=1.9)

Misfire event monitor events completed is 14259 (max=0)
Maybe your ECU is for a Mustang GT. ;) :cover:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts