New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
when i bought my car, there was a different shifter on it so there was no OD button...i was wondering what kinda of switch id be able to use to hook it up again...can i use one with just 2 prongs on the back? or would i need one with three like i needed to use for my floor neons?...thanks

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
re:eek:d switch

Any 2 prong switch will work fine. a push button momentary on-off will work best since you simply need to break the current for it too work. I have a flip switch in mine and u have to flip it twice to turn it on and twice to turn it off. The stock od switch makes momentary contact when you push it in and then realease it. No need to get any fancy 3 prongers...

·
Premium Member
2,612 Posts
sounds good...so id be able to use one of them fancy military switches?
:banghead: :rofl::rofl::rofl: yes you could... you'd just have to be able to flip it twice, ie on and off to turn the od off, then on and off again to turn it back on... pita if you ask me... something like THIS is all you need

many of them on GOOGLE

·
Premium Member
3,292 Posts
Just make sure the wires are taped off and hidden, there is no need for an overdrive button unless you live in the mountains, or frequently tow a trailer.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts