New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car is wayyyyyyyyy over due on it's inspection because of the O2 sensor I believe. I ran over a semi truck tire going down the interstate one night and it ripped up the bottom of my car pretty good. It ripped what I believe is the O2 sensor to shreds. It has a blue connector and the wires on one side are blue and white and on the other side they are like red, green and some other colors, but I can't tell because it is a little dirty underneath my car and it's hard to tell. I know it's hard to understand, but if you know what i'm talking about, is this the O2 sensor and could you tell me what wires go together so I can just fix it myself.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh yeah, it has caused my engine, brake, traction control and ABS lights to come on. I think those are the lights, it's to cold to go outside and check right now.

·
Registered
4,959 Posts
Sounds like you ripped up the O2 sensor on the Y-pipe. You'll need a 7/8" wrench or an O2 sensor removal tool. You didn't destroy your wiring harness did you? If that's the case then i guess you'll have to splice.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, I just ordered some Street Glow LED's, so when I install them I'll try and fix it myself and let you know what I had to do. Hopefully with pics

1 - 7 of 7 Posts