New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to National Tire & Battery (same as Merchant's and Tire Kingdom) to get 3 new tires (I replaced the first one about a month ago).

I found the same tire at walmart for $30 cheaper. So they honored that price with their lowest price guarantee (I didn't argue with the full price I paid for the one I bought a month ago). So after I paid and was leaving, I noticed a big sign inside that read "We will beat, not meet, any price when shown at the time of purchase, or your tires are free".

Now, they met walmart's price to the penny...but since they did not 'beat' it, but only 'meet' it, should I argue with them for free tires? I have a call in to their customer service and a regional rep is supposed to call me back.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well...the store manager called back and asked for my card number so we could refund the price of the tires...no arguements or complaining (he didn't seem happy though).

So I guess I'll just have to see if it really shows up back on my card.

·
is a pop sensation
13,675 Posts
I'm sure it will. It's cheaper for them to do that than to fight it. I have a feeling that manager will be sure to drop the price $0.01 a tire next time so he doesn't have to do this again though.

·
Banned
3,229 Posts
Usually they will just tell you that the other place doesnt include mounting, valves, balancing and weights. Our store includes everything for free so we cant use that excuse but i know local places that does.

·
Buyer Beware
6,575 Posts
$130 for all 3 tires??? WTF

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.