New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
3,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New Body Kit

You may have seen us post on Team Neco last December about developing a new body kit. We've kept it uunder wraps ever since and are finally ready to present it.

Krazy Kustomz Cougar Kit

A dark colored car is not the best for us to display the kit with but I used Magoo's car since it was at my shop having his custom kit built anyways. Keep in mind that the pictures show the prototype development kit and the bumper have no primer or gelcoat on them. Production pieces will be very high quality and exceed the normal expectations of a fiberglass kit.

I'll be posting pricing and pre order info on friday.

The kit will be in stock in April 04 and begin shipping immediately.

The kit will be built of high quality fiberglass, factory gelcoated, and have stainless steel mesh preinstalled. We will ship internationally as well.

When the product kit arrives we'll be painting it and installing it on a 99 Cougar that is local to us.

Any questions feel free to ask.

·
Registered
298 Posts
RE:New Body Kit

wow nice work craig i really love the front the rear is really nice not to sure on the sides but im sure when it is all painted on a car im sure it will be nothing less then amazing great work -Justin-

·
So its begun.....
16,838 Posts
RE: Krazy Kustomz New Body Kit Goes Into Production!!

:thumbsup: Very different from the norm..I like it.

·
Registered
82 Posts
RE:Krazy Kustomz New Body Kit Goes Into Production!!

looks great, can't wait, mite have to go and sell my drift kti and get this one......looks like the Bomex kit tho, if i had to guess id say u based it off that and made minor mods to help it fit the cougar... myb?

PaulF

·
Registered
3,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Based off the 95-99 Eclipse Bomex kit. The rear bumper is all oem bumper except the bottom portion that was added. I love the rear bumper personally and the front's roundness compliments the Cougar very nicely. The sides are subtle and clean and I think this kit would look great with the 4 piece fender flare kit we are making. Our 4 piece fender flare kit will work with all the cougar body kits with minor modification. They will fit against the car flush on the back side and only where it meets the sideskirt and bumper would need to be adapted for each application.

·
Registered
151 Posts

I ve been waiting on a 4pc fender flare kit...... IM liking that new front end too......
good work on everything......

·
Registered
663 Posts

Something is just screaming wayyyyyyyyy to many openings in the front....Not my taste but good on you for comming up with this....I am sure it is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
954 Posts

Yeah it does scream to many openings, yet that is not always a BAD thing. What other cougar kit looks like it? None. Not bad. If I didn't have a 9000 dollar loan left I'd hop on this train like a hobo...(that was an awful joke)

·
Registered
3,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Remember though the 2 round holes are for lights. I believe they fit a 4" driving light if I can recall correctly. Will look better than mounting brackets with the other kits we carry.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts

will these be reasonally priced...alos will i beable to pick thses kit up at your shop or what??

Thanks

·
Registered
4,973 Posts

I like it. The only thing I don't understand is that the exhaust comes from under the bumper in those pics...can the pipes fit through those two rectangular holes instead? Great job overall :thumbsup:

Mike

·
Registered
3,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

The exhaust is unhooked from the hanger. The exhaust can come through the openings in this bumper.

The kits will be priced between the Aerogear line and Wayson line.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts

opens the door for a "fast and the furious" orange supra remake

·
Registered
902 Posts

FYI your site doesnt' work in Opera.

·
Registered
3,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

I only tested the site in internet explorer and netscape. Less than 1% of our traffic is not IE, Nescape, or AOL browsers.

·
Registered
189 Posts

Hey, nice clean kit...this may be a stupid question...but here goes the fun....

The side skirts are killer, I'm all about simple skirts and not all the wavy artsy stuff. The skirts look like they stick out a quite a bit along the top of the skirt where it meets the body of the car creating perpendicular stair like shape (if that makes sense). Is this the style, or is it just an illusion by the angle of the picure, or does it have to be molded with the body?

·
Registered
1,790 Posts

I agree, the sides look like little shelfs to hold stuff on at carshows. :confused:

·
Registered
3,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

The sideskirts come out about and inch and a half and they do not have to be molded. If you notice the bottom of the kit the whole way around makes the car slightly wideer and gives the car a more aggressive stance.

·
Registered
3,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Pre Order Krazy Kustomz BMX Kit

We are offering a $50 discount on complete kits that are pre ordered. We will not be taking orders for single pieces until the product arrives in stock and the pre orders are filled.

We will also be offering anoptional 4 piece fender flare kit for the Cougar with pics/pricing coming soon.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts