New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 60 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Georgia Dyno Locations?

Im curious as to some places in Atlanta where a dyno could be held. I have a couple mods that I need tested and also need to test the nitrous install. After the install takes place at MaxPerformance I would like to head on over to a dyno.

Any information would be greatly appreciated....muchos gracias

·
Registered
230 Posts
RE:Georgia Dyno Locations?

All Speed Import
7305 Merrick Drive
Peachtree City 30269
Tel. 770-595-8466

Atlanta Chassis Dyno
1855 Buford Highway
Duluth 30097
Tel. 770-623-9789
Email: [email protected]

Balanced Performance Motorsports
730 North Price Road
Buford 30518
Tel. 678-546-3133

Batlground Engineering
255 Ottley Dr.
Atlanta, 30324
Tel. 404-881-4331

Diesel Performance Motorsports
120 C Park West Drive
McDonough, 30253
Tel. 866-898-8585

Dynolab Inc.
1535D Rosewood Circle
Marietta 30067
Tel. 678-560-0692

Engineered Performance
1784 Corn Rd. Suite D
Smyrna 30080
Tel. 770-434-0051

Higgins Ford Performance
8799 A Gruley Rd.
Douglasville 30134
Tel. 770-949-1234

Import Car Mart
4286 Jonesboro Road
Forest Park 30297
Tel. 404-366-7777

Lamar Walden Automotive
6-B Steve Drive
Doraville, 30340
Tel. 770-449-0315

No Limit Motorsports
314 Forest Parkway
Forest Park, 30237
Tel. 404-366-3037

·
Registered
180 Posts

Sweet - I had no idea there were this many dynos in Atlanta. How much does a dyno test run? And do these place offer dyno tuning? Yeah, I could check with them, but I'm lazy, eh?

And George - is that MaxPerformance the place you mention before? Do they work on Cougars (besides yours - obviously) and seem to know their stuff?

I got a guy offering a new/not installed ST200 UIM, SVT throttle body and cables for install for 600 bucks? Decent deal?

·
Registered
230 Posts

The list came from www.dynojet.com :biggrin: The only one I've heard of is Balanced Performance. I know they offer dyno tuning. You can always call DreamN..

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Originally posted by: DreamNforSpeed
Sweet - I had no idea there were this many dynos in Atlanta. How much does a dyno test run? And do these place offer dyno tuning? Yeah, I could check with them, but I'm lazy, eh?

And George - is that MaxPerformance the place you mention before? Do they work on Cougars (besides yours - obviously) and seem to know their stuff?

I got a guy offering a new/not installed ST200 UIM, SVT throttle body and cables for install for 600 bucks? Decent deal?
Id say thats a damn good deal man. Mind if I ask which member? or you can just PM me if you dont feel comfortable saying out here.

MaxPerformance is one of the best places here where I live to get performance things done. The guy that does all the work doesnt try to rip you off either. Ive been a steady customer of theirs and I definatly trust that guy with my car. He has worked on all kinds of cars, from new gen Stangs, Civics, VW's, etc etc, and my car.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Ok , the dyno will be held November 21st (Friday) @ Balanced Performance Motorsports (in Buford). If anyone wants to ride up there with me that would be awesome. Youll see an hours worth of dyno testing. I will be testing an assortment of mods including a 55 shot and a 75 shot of Nitrous oxide

If you are also interested in getting a dyno done for a great price let me know and I will speak with the manager again to see what I can do.

·
w00t!
15,782 Posts
w00t - i wish i could be there when your ATX beast hits the nitrous and all of a sudden you have 200hp :tongue:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Originally posted by: ND4SPD
w00t - i wish i could be there when your ATX beast hits the nitrous and all of a sudden you have 200hp :tongue:
some folks probably think im only adding a Zex system, but im doing all the necessary other things also, Tranny cooler, etc etc. Im hoping to hit a nice number without anything breaking on me :)

·
Registered
180 Posts
some folks probably think im only adding a Zex system, but im doing all the necessary other things also, Tranny cooler, etc etc. Im hoping to hit a nice number without anything breaking on me :)
Most excellent! Hey, since you mentioned it, I've seen the tranny cooler mentioned several times for ATXs - but is there any benefit to putting one of a manual? I assume they run at much lower temps - just curious. Any thoughts?

During dyno tuning, do they calibrate your ECU? Is that how they get the proper setup? Where do babies come from? :crazy:

·
Registered
230 Posts
I'll prolly ride with you up there if I'm home for Thanksgiving.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Most excellent! Hey, since you mentioned it, I've seen the tranny cooler mentioned several times for ATXs - but is there any benefit to putting one of a manual? I assume they run at much lower temps - just curious. Any thoughts?

During dyno tuning, do they calibrate your ECU? Is that how they get the proper setup?
Tranny coolers would help any vehicle, the number one killer of transmissions, ATX or MTX is heat. Its really a requirement for me since the tranny will have more stress put under it, ocassionally. I dont plan on spraying when Im merging in traffic, and to keep myself from being tempted to use the nitrous im probably going to leave my bottle at home. heh

Yep you are correct on dyno tuning, the also adjust your A/F ratios.

Garland: Just lemme know man! Hell I may need you to bring your car up too.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Originally posted by: DgnZCoug
A measly 127 at the wheels.
Whoa! Is that stock? I figured the Cougar put down at least 135 - although it's about 75%, so thats about right for a front driver, eh?

I am serious mods fever.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Originally posted by: DgnZCoug
A measly 127 at the wheels.
Whoa! Is that stock? I figured the Cougar put down at least 135 - although it's about 75%, so thats about right for a front driver, eh?

I am serious mods fever.

That day everyones dyno was reading low. Some cougars that were supposed to dyno at about 165 were dynoing at like 155 so I believe the error was about 10hp. They ran through the dynos pretty quickly, so Im sure it wasnt accurate. There was another automatic cougar with svt parts that dynoed less than I did.

·
Registered
271 Posts
:kick: watch it buddy :loser:

we girls are more powerful than you think :rofl:

It will be sweet to see how much horsepower will be gained from just a little nitrous :cover:

1 - 20 of 60 Posts