New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm the only one that brought a camera, but here are the pics!

And the evo...

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Good times, too bad Sean and Bill couldn't have made it.
Glad the weather held out for long enough.
Dave was too cool to park next to us...

Edit: Title is suppost to say Oct. 19th lol.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea, good times...

You know, seeing the Alpine deck in the Cougar made me just want to get my system in even sooner... So, i've been throwing up extra stuff on ebay so I can get one. Sad thing is, i've got a sub and amp waiting to go in, just need the deck... I bought the stuff in the wrong order...

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Haha, yeah I love my Alpine. Look on eBay it is last years model and probably the cheapest place to buy it. The model number is: CDA-9856

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've been looking at the 9883 from Crutchfield... They have a deal now where you get the free ipod cable with it. It's like $200 shipped with the ipod cable.

But, if I can score one on ebay I'll probably just do that...

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Yup thats pretty much this years model of my deck. Everything is the same other then it doesn't have BBE and it looks a little different. Either way you are scoring a nice deck.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Yup thats pretty much this years model of my deck. Everything is the same other then it doesn't have BBE and it looks a little different. Either way you are scoring a nice deck.
EDIT: I googled BBE... Does it make much of a difference? It sounds good in theory...

I had to work an 8-5 today so I was out on the track. I wanted to get the car out there this year but its not looking promising... I'm stuck working 9-5 tomorrow so i'm definitely out.

Dan, let me know if you want to switch MAF adaptors. We just need to make sure the diameter is the same. I've got a K&N RU-3530 on mine. I need to measure the diameter on that...

EDIT again: Holy **** my wheels are dirty... I was gonna wash it but I figured it'd just keep raining anyways...

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Dan, naw Dave and I are heading to the track tomorrow (10/21). Last day of the season at NYIRP.

Andy, BBE is nice but I wouldnt pay extra for it.. It is basically different equalizers and it does sound nice.
Personally, I like the look of mine thats why I went with the 9856 instead of the newer model.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts