New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
w00t!
15,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Couldn't find any pictures of any real cars - so i went to NFS:Underground :rofl:
i know there are widebody kits out there and such, but are there any like THIS (attached pictures)

I could have sworn Veildside made one for the Supra, but its not the same style as these.

Anyway... at the risk of being burned at the stake for "implying that i want this kit so i can turn the cougar into a boxy, unareodynamic, ricey civic", let me just say that i don't have any intension of finding a way to make this kit :tongue: but i DO wonder what a cougar would look like with this kind of work done.

Just curious if they actually make REAL widebody kits like this?
and i don't mean that in a sarcastic way... i like Areogears millenium kit, but thats just it... i concider it a nice kit with fender-flairs.

anyway, throw in your two cents about the whole 'widebody' craze that everyone seems to be in now a days :)

·
So its begun.....
16,842 Posts
Theres a shop areound the corner from my house doing a supra similar to that one..I'll see if I can get pics.

·
w00t!
15,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ya, i mean, to me- that is a TRUE widebody... cause the body of the car is actually widened a conciderable amount...
not just adding flaires that accentuate the curves.

but i've never seen a REAL car done like that, so i'm not sure if it really would look "boxy"... maybe if its done right i guess.

·
w00t!
15,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ahh yessa, this is what i was figuring :tongue: - $5000+ price tag, and shipped from Japan :tongue:
$8500 might not be TOO bad though...until we compare it to other kits. but i mean, you ARE getting every body piece except a hood and new doors.
heh, still though, theres something that makes my eye twitch when i read

"Allows the fitment of 11" wide wheels up front and 13" wide wheels in the rear

*insert drooling smiley here*

·
Registered
3,751 Posts
Here is the widebody kit I designed and built for the Neon

I'm thinking about doing a custom one off widebody on my car now keeping my existing kit just building widebody fenders, door caps, and full rear quarter with a fiberglass lip wing spoiler. Still not sure yet.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Originally posted by: StreetConcepts
Here is the widebody kit I designed and built for the Neon
You did a fantastic job on that kit - it looks really clean! It almost makes me like the look of a neon... It would look better on a cougar though!

:biggrin:

·
Premium Member
2,810 Posts
I dunno.. for some reason, I never really liked that kinda wide body.. even on the supra and skyline.. It just seems like too much.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Originally posted by: StreetConcepts

I'm thinking about doing a custom one off widebody on my car now keeping my existing kit just building widebody fenders, door caps, and full rear quarter with a fiberglass lip wing spoiler. Still not sure yet.
I have always wanted to see what a real widebody cougar would look like.

·
w00t!
15,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
ya, actually Craig, that makes the neon almost likeable! its not a very wide kit, but i think if you had gone any wider, it would have been too much.

I have a feeling doing this style widebody to a cougar.... would look like it has body armor on it :biggrin:
The hardest part about doing this kit, would be just the overall design i think - making it NOT look chunky and turn the whole car into a box.

I can definitely see it being done to a cougar eventually - maybe one of those crazy cougars from Spain will do it :tongue:
I think it has the potential to look good :)

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
What about that one that ive seen posted on here a few times, not sure but i think it had an nsx kit or something? Its DSG and i think it was on ebay a little while ago, its got the hood that opens the opposite way. Im picturing what i remember in my head about it so it may not be exactly what you guys are talking about.

·
w00t!
15,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
ooh... that monstrosity :tongue:
i still say that car has potential, but really needs to be seen painted...

and yes! oh god yes!
if they could make the cougar RC car into a body kit, that would be INSAAAAAANE! :thumbsup:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.