New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
but when the hell did these forum's get so damn offensive seem's like every time a new topic is started people have to add a nasty/snidy comment what's happened to the "community spirit" i felt when i joined these board's?????

·
Registered
723 Posts
Don't get discouraged. True, there are a lot of genuine ASSES on here, but there are a few good people still around.

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
I have been here for 2 and a half years.. and i can say the only friendly place left here is on the individual forums for the different states and regions, ever other forum is full of people complaining or *****in about something....

·
Rockin' Mom-mobile
8,010 Posts
Sometimes you just have to learn to not pay attention to people. There are some people who will always say they don't like a car cause it doesn't look like their's. Just blow it off, that's how some people are. There are a lot of cool people on here to talk to.

BTW people should be using chat now. I keep checking in there and there is only one person who is ever in there.

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
the only way around drama is to go around it all together. simply ignore the drama and the people trying to get arguments started and <u>maybe</u> they'll just quit trying. i know it's never gonna happen, but one can dream.

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well it has got to the stage where i try not to use this forum which is a shame as there are a lot of very helpful/knowledgable people on here i tend to use our uk forum that we have set up
id put money on the fact a lot of people are gradually drifting away from this forum due to a few peoples really harsh negative comments...

C

·
0 Posts
I honestly don't see any problems with the board in general. Sure, there are a few threads that pop up every now and then that just turn into flame wars, but when you have a board of hundreds of active members, that's going to happen. Not everyone is going to agree with each other, and that's when arguments ensue. Not to sound like an ass, but the only thing that really bothers me about these boards are the people who complain non-stop about the dumbest things. The avatars being the latest example. You've got people complaining that some avatars are too explicit or they're offensive. Then you have people complaining that they can't be free to express themselves on these boards because they were asked to change their avatar. Then you have people complaining that there's so much drama surrounding the avatars. Then people complain when the avatars get taken away. You know what? It's a damn picture above your name! Hopefully there are other things in your lives that are worth more attention than a little picture. And let's not even start talking about Off Topic where people complained about damn near everything that was posted. Quit being so damn uptight people. These are internet forums. If something that's said on here upsets you that much, you may have other issues that need to be dealt with.

·
Registered
4,089 Posts
Honestly.....best thing to do is ignor the people you find offense, thats what most folks do with me :wiggle:

Just know these few things:
a) It's your car, you dont need to defend its honor, dignify your logic, as long as what you do pleases you, that is all that matters at the end of the day.

b) Dont worry about the few bad eggs, theres more good here then bad, ya learn to take everything with a grain of salt. No one will agree 100% with you on any issue, thats true in life and here.

c) People do leave and more people join. Some take criticism well and others dont. It may look like people leave often, but were still getting 150 new folks a month, although cougarman190 might be throwing that number off :tongue:

d) Take nothing to heart. This is a simple internet forum, one of the many stops on the internet. If you live your life in here, then yes, you'll probably want to leave, but if you use it as a resource and stopping point to catch whats new.....then the site is fine.

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Dude, just pick and choose the people you talk to on the boards, and let everyone else do their thing. I personally talk to like 40 or so members online on NECO and AOL/AIM. And thats not even all the good people.

C

·
0 Posts
Originally posted by: Teflonworm
It may look like people leave often, but were still getting 150 new folks a month, although cougarman190 might be throwing that number off :tongue:
LOL!! Is that guy still lurking around causing problems? Lord, he was banned over a year ago, wasn't he?

·
Administrator
11,557 Posts
If I could take off the "Admin" badge for a moment I'd like to say I have no problem with what people say here within reason. None of it bothers me because I'm not the type of person to take offense or take something so serious as to throw a fit over it. Granted there are a few that act like ree-ree's here because they have internet balls and like to just start ****.

Now, as an Admin...there are waaaay to many people here that complain about the littlest things. Almost as if they go out of their way to find or start something to ***** about. Some of the PM's I get make me feel like I'm watching children with the way they act. It makes me think I'm dealing with the people I hear about in the news that want the "Under God" taken out of the Pledge of Allegence, or the ones that want to rewrite history books so they are more Politically Correct (We didn't "fight for the Alamo" we had a "dissagreement over zoning ordances").

Much like in a City or Town not everyone agrees here. And much like how the world works it only takes a small few to ruin it for everyone everywhere. I remember when I didn't need to take my shoes off before getting on a plane. It's just the internet & it goes away when the computers off.

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
Originally posted by: Teflonworm
c) but were still getting 150 new folks a month, although cougarman190 might be throwing that number off :tongue:
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
well i was not expecting this many responces so quick i know its only the internet but since we have had our "own forum" i have realised that people dont seem to encourage others anymore it's alway's lets see what little thing we can pick out thats bad i ean jeez how hard is it to say to some one " not my style but prop's for doing something like that"????
anyways thanks for the replies guys i just wanted to get that off my chest and i realise there are a lot more "good eggs than bad" on here!!!! :grouphug:

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
I guess all I have to say is cry me a river. It's an internet forum, you can't expect everyone to be nice to you when they are hiding behind computer monitors. For what its worth this is the second nicest forum I've been on as far as people go...you think people are rude here? You should try some of the import forums - there are some nasty people on there.

The same can be said for real life though. Everyone in this world knows a few "bad eggs" in person - it's just the way life is, you always have the good with the bad. Besides, if no one ever fought, we couldn't use cool smilies like this :drama:

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
I've been here for almost 5 years. It all changed after 2 years and 3 years when leases were turned in and people could buy the cars used. That's what brought in the immaturity.

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Originally posted by: Keliente
I guess all I have to say is cry me a river. It's an internet forum, you can't expect everyone to be nice to you when they are hiding behind computer monitors. For what its worth this is the second nicest forum I've been on as far as people go...you think people are rude here? You should try some of the import forums - there are some nasty people on there.

The same can be said for real life though. Everyone in this world knows a few "bad eggs" in person - it's just the way life is, you always have the good with the bad. Besides, if no one ever fought, we couldn't use cool smilies like this :drama:
no noe actually has been nasty or snidey toward's me i just read thru a lot of post's and think it's a shame when people start flaming other people's idea's if you dont like it say so but i dont think there is any need to be a arsehole about it,after all we are all here because we all love our cars

1 - 20 of 21 Posts