New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Some day
2,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well some people may know that i am in the process of installing an Excelcier-esque LED lighting system in the cougar. well all the actual wiring and stuff has been constructed, just needs to be installed. well i just finished installing the headlight portion of things. here are some pix:

as you can see there is a grouping of LEDs in the high-beam, low-beam, and parking light section of each headlamp. in each grouping there are 3 10mm white LEDs and 1 5mm blue LED. before you ask why such an odd grouping: i was sent 10mm by mistake and used them anyway.

when i am completely done with the LED install i will take video and post with a complete write-up

Attachments

·
Registered
6,114 Posts
awesome like the glow man. looks very cool

·
w00t!
15,782 Posts
clean your room you slob! :rofl:

I was pretty overwhelmed with the amount of work you have planed for that car Sami... I really REALLY hope it all gets done for next years Cougar-love-Fest ;)

·
Premium Member
5,423 Posts
I've seen Sami's room, it's trashed, trust me... lol

Looking good Sami, I am glad you'll be able to make good use of the stuff I made for you. I pass the torch on to you... I will let the torch pass to the new glow-off winner for next year ( as long as I get credit! lol )

·
Some day
2,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
now here are some pics of the rear lights

Ok here we have one taillight that has been drilled to accommodate 8 LEDs (6 white 10mm and 2 blue 5mm)

Here is the same taillight next to an un-drilled one

here we see the lights installed

Again, from anther angle. in case you are wondering why the masking tape, i kinda ran out of glue sticks

A little snapshot of the blinking LEDs in action

Another shot. btw i love this iPhone [/shameless plug]

A behind the scenes look at this thing in action.

Here is my monitor arch. i cut out the top and installed some LEDs

As you can see i have 2 rows of 10 blue 5mm LEDs

A shot from the other side. they are wired so that when the first one in one row is on, the last one in the other row goes on. number 2 & 9, 3 & 8, 4 & 7, 5 & 6, 6 & 5, etc...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,423 Posts
Is that Mike's shop? new one maybe? Looks different. his old shop was too small for 3 cars.

I hope you're not just using masking tape to hold the LEDs in the taillights... cover them in either "Automotive Goop" or silicone or something instead... Let it dry for a few days first though before powering them up so they won't be conductive anymore when they are wet.

·
Registered
6,114 Posts
excelciers is gonna have a run for his money. awesome........deff looks sexy man

·
Some day
2,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
he already handed the the torch to me.

and ron its being held in with masking tape b/c we ran out of glue. and yes that is a new shop. its actually big enough to fit 10 cars and a spray booth.

·
Some day
2,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
dude, that was an awesome game. both teams played really hard!!! i know i might be chastised by my friends for saying this, but if they ended with a tie i would have been happy.

but i don't want to have a discussion about the pats in here. if you want, start a thread in the lounge about it. but i do admit i put that there on purpose to see who would say something.

·
Premium Member
5,423 Posts
he already handed the the torch to me.

and ron its being held in with masking tape b/c we ran out of glue. and yes that is a new shop. its actually big enough to fit 10 cars and a spray booth.
Sweet! Tell Mike I said hi. So how's all my LED control circuits working out so far? No problems I assume?

BTW, you should change your sig now... lol...

·
Some day
2,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
controllers are fine, just fine. the only problems i ran into are with the LED strings. b/c they were sitting around so long waiting to be installed and too many people moving them around, some connections came undone. i love the LEDs i bought b/c of the resistor already installed but the solder tends to come undone and the LED falls out. then i have to go and fix them all

1 - 15 of 15 Posts