New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its a universal 4 or 6 cyl EFI kit. Adjustable up to 75 HP Jets. If I run the 75 HP Jets how much will my E/T drop? half a second? three-quarters? full second? Rough guess is good :p. And what is the best way to have the nitrous set up to maximize its use in the 1/4 mile?

·
Registered
4,189 Posts
Well surprisingly enough, there was an ATX cougar running a 75 shot, with the Zex kit. It was a 99 V6 ATX, all stock, and it was running mid/high 14's all day.

This was at Raceway Park (Englishtown Raceway in NJ), so it was a real track.

I don't know if his car still exists or not...let's just put it that way.

At min, get a big ass tranny cooler...

BTW with single fogger wet N2O kits, there are a bunch of kits you can get. there's the Zex, NX, and NOS...Zex's wet kit is out now.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I want the cheapest easiest to install kit I can get. And I'm not going to blow myself up, and I realize I need a tranny cooler :).

I would kill for 15s..................

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
an ATX cougar here with intake exhaust and y-pipe and ZEX 75 hp dry shot was runnin 15.5's all night

just to give you an idea.....

·
Registered
4,470 Posts
I know ZEXcougar ran a 100 shot a couple times
his car still runs
he now runs a 75 I believe he does have a tranny cooler
We're gonna try and get together next year to race his ATX with No2
against my MTX with bolt-ons should be fun.

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
well this isn't ATX but rather MTX..however I believe the #'s should still help you.

My friend has a Saturn that he rebuilt a DOHC engine in. It's been ported and polished with the idea of having a 100 shot. Before he put his racing cams in he wanted to get some base numbers. So he decided to go to the track on 2 seperate nights to figure this out. 1st night was all N/A runs on street tires. He ran all night long 16.1-16.3's

I ran 16.1-16.3's as well with my 18's, kit and intake only.

Next week he ran a 35 shot and ran 14.8 all night long. Never doing worse then 15 flat.

Now here we are 2 weeks later and his Spec stage 2 clutch is destroyed due to faulty manufacturing. After speaking with Spec's tech's they determined his clutch never once worked correctly and that he should see at least .15 off his track time when they send him a replacement.

What we can see is that with a 35 shot he droped at least 1.1 seconds off his 1/4 time, possibly more. So I'd say it's safe to bet that a 50-75 shot on an ATX cougar will result in at least a 1 second drop in 1/4 time.

On a side note for those motorheads who want to know. Spec was going to send him a replacement clutch, but he elected to take a 3/4 refund and buy the stock clutch kit. Reason being is the Saturn clutch has proven to hold up to at least 100 runs at 100 shot wet kit. And it's only $130 and we get our Autozone discount.

He's also recieved his 8lb fidanza flywheel (think it's a fidanza)
Installed the racing cams (proven to improve stock saturn times by .5, will be way more with his built motor and nitrous)
and lastly is installing a LSD with welded in Dif pin. We're estimating a 12.5-12.9 run next summer with a 75 or 100 shot. This is based off of www.streetdesignauto.com 's car running mid 13's and they helped him build his car with more/better parts.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts