New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I guess with Firestone officially ending its supply contract with Ford, it means there will be no more of those dreadful Firehawk GTAs being fitted on the cougar.

G

·
I beg to differ. I think that the BFGoorich Comp T/A is a pretty decent tire. Its not a great performance tire but it's well rounded and I have heard way more complaints about the Firehawks.

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
Yea, the Firehawks are the worst tire I have ever owned. They wear down much faster than any other tire I have ever used. I am going with Falkens next, at least they are supposed to wear down fast, and I am sure they will still wear down much slower.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
That's great news. The OE firehawk GTA02's were so noisy, so rough-riding, and were downright scary in the rain. And then you've got that potential tread separation issue...

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
i had the firehawks and HATED THEM

now i have the comp ta bfg's and i loveeeeeeeeee them

great tread, great look, great handling.

and hopefully will last longer

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Nick, I suggest you try a real performance tire, then you'll come to the realization that the Firehawk offers as much grips as the French can put up a defence against an invading army. They are by far the worst tire I have owned in a long time. Losing traction on the Firehawk is easier than getting laid at the nympho convention.

G

·
So, are there any or will be any recalls on firehawks GTA 02 for the Cougar?
If not, I think that Firestone is waiting so that people wear out their tires and have no choice but to change their tires before any possible recall...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.