New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do you install the no limit grill insert? Also...how much would I be looking for to spend on paint. This is going with the Dragon tail hood and dragon z front.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
5,423 Posts
Remove both headlights, remove the stock grill, place the no limit grill in place physically and note where the 2 holes need to line up where the stock grill was, drill the 2 holes so you can screw it in later.

Sand down the whole grill, use glazing putty where needed to fill in nicks and scratches ( mine was a mess when I got it ) and reputty and sand it till it's smooth. Use high build ( scratch filler ) primer, go to a body shop or ford dealer and have it painted to match your body. The final painting shouldn't cost more than $50. It's a small piece.

Once painted, screw it in place where the stock grill was and replace your headlights.

·
Registered
4,973 Posts
Ok I got a better question: how do you install the mesh grill for the no limit grill correctly? I used 5 zip ties which I 3M taped to the inside of the grill and tied them to the mesh, but it still falls to a slant and I have to adjust it every now and then.

Mike

·
Premium Member
5,423 Posts
Damn! That's a pain.

It was super simple. I cut out a piece of mesh to fit the rough shape with some extra on the bottom, I cut a few of the barbs to slide the 2 metal arms from the grill through the mesh and screwed it into the 2 metal arms and wrapped the extra around the bottom on the inside for rigidity. Voila!

G

·
I bought little electrical birds eye things (non-technical description). Superglued them to the insert, and then ziptied the mesh to the insert.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.