New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm currently driving around with no heat. I changed the thermostat, i've flushed the radiator, but I haven't checked the heater core. I get luke warm heat during the day and cold air at night. Could it be anything else before I get a new heater core and how hard is it to replace.

99 mtx 2.0 I4

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the car is not overheating i checked that, so im not sure.

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
you might have a air pocket in the heater core and unfortuntly the only real way to get the air out of there is drive around and make the system "burp" itself.. also i encountered the blend door being out of whack .. to get full heat i have to turn the temp selector a 1/4 turn off being the hottest setting.. try these things.. .

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I appreciate the feedback, im try in a few if you have any other possible solutions, fill me in thx!!!

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have tried all those things and no success. I really think its the heating core. anyone no about how much it would cost to get it replace?

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
Your dampers may not be functioning- The thing that moves between the outside air and the heat from the heater core when you move the dial from cold to hot? It's an electric motor that moves the damper, and, if non-functional, will cause the climate control to blow lukewarm at best air.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Same thing happened on my Peterbilt, changed the heater relay, it was fine afterwards.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts