New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a good one this week. 2001 cougar 2.5 return less fuel system. Fuel pump cycles with fuel coming out of the module,the fuel filter, but not to the fuel rail. I replaced the fuel rail pressure sensor thinking this was the problem. I un hooked the fuel line from the sensor and no fuel comes out. Before I try blowing air through the lines, do any of you know what this thing actually is? To me it looks like another fuel pressure regulator of some sort, but I get no information about it from my ford service manual or the internet.
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Rim Gas Automotive wheel system
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Rim Gas Automotive wheel system

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm leaning towards a damaged fuel line. When I cycle the fuel pump with the line unhooked at the pump or the outlet side of the filter, it will fill a 16 oz bottle 1/4 of the way. This is my son's car and of course he didn't hit anything 馃檮

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well I have to eat crow on this one. When I replaced the fuel pump in my son's car, the hoses on the unit was brittle and broken. I "temporarily" replaced the lines with clear braided hose so we could move the car around. Unfortunately the check valve and the outlet side of the fuel module are different sizes. Pulled the top off the fuel pump module, and the hose was off.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts