New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What should be used with a wet nitrous kit? I know that a blowdown tube is needed to run at most tracks, and i plan on having one. Should I also run a nitrous pressure safety switch? I am also going to buy a window switch to spray only during certain RPMs, 3500-6100. What other safety precautions should i have before i spray nitrous. This is refering to a NX wet kit.

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Trevor, I was told that if i start at that low of a RPM, that i wouldnt have enough air and it could be dangerous. I was thinking of 3500 because thats right about when the secondaires open. Also, does what I described in the original post a good setup for a safe nitrous setup.

·
Registered
4,189 Posts
3200 I would see as being the most optimal and stopping in the 6400-6500 range...

I'd get the revlimiter bumped to like 7000 or 7250 just in case also. You'll want to shift around the 6700-7000 point anyway, but having some extra leeway with no nitrous spray will be good incase of some error.

Fuel pressure and AF switches are also good ideas. The fuel pressure switch is not as important on a wet kit as it is on a dry shot, however, if fuel pressure does drop, you want the nitrous cut. And the AF switch will cut the N2O once lean conditions are read.

Interior gauges reading N2O pressure (preferably in the line), and an EGT gauge (exhaust gas temp) for more optimal AF readings over the crappy light show AF gauges. These will help monitor everything.

A flip chip is a good idea...Having one tuned for NA, 50 shot and 75 shot or something like that will help too. If you want to get really technical, you can get some aftermarket ignitions with knock sensors built in that retard ignition timing when they dtect any form of knock. But that gets pricey.

Check those plugs often, espeically after spraying, and change them often. Copper plugs are cheap enough to change often. I change mine every 6 months... better to be safe than sorry.

And ALWAYS run the highest octane gas you can...It may save you. If you can, some fuel additives like octane boosters may be used as an extra safety precaution, but should never be used in place of real high octan gas (92+ octane), or any other of the safety measures. NX does sell their own additive, but I know nothing about it.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Actually I'd wait untill about Chrsitmas time and get an AEM UEGO wideband gauge. Then you have the wideband O2 witch is reading REAL a/f ratio and is more usable and you get the a/f ratio gauge that is real time with numbers. This is by far the way to go. I am a dealer for them if you want any more info. Also you can go to AEMpower.com and go to the forums. They have the info on the UEGO display there too.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts