New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey cougar owners i have an 02 cougar with only an injen intake and dual borla for my performance mods....i want to get some nitrous but dont really know much about it....i mean i might be asking some dumb questions but does it gain hp all the time or only when you hit the buttons or whatever....i saw that there is a venom nitrous system that they say "wont damage the car" is this the safest kit to go with? and will this void my warranty? help me out quick....i am an idiot with this sort of stuff so help me out
Thanks

·
Registered
191 Posts
Look under the "Forced Induction" forum. It might have more of what you are looking for. I have heard multiple times that direct port Nitrous is best for our cougar though.
Jake

·
Registered
4,861 Posts
The 2000 series Venom is supposed to be the safest nitrous system out there, but it requires a lot of tapping of sensors and the like, all of which would play a part if something went wrong.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
but if i go with the venom top of the line 2000 one....and i get a shop that knows what they are doing to hook it up i shouldnt have a problem right?

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
nope, but look to spend well over a grand, and before using it too much or adjusting to a higher shot, ask around in "forced induction" what shot they reccomend and how often ya should use it to minimize risks

·
Registered
506 Posts
There are quite a few systems out there. The dry system injects the nitrous before the throttle body, and it activates on WOT. The wet system is installed by the injectors so it has directly mixes with the fuel in the combustion chamber and gets blowed up. (nice terminology huh?) Some systems (depending mostly on brand) have a button you hit to activate it. All systems you have to open the tank, and hit a switch to ready the systems.

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Invest in the following

Window switch
WOT switch (better come with kit, or the kit is a bad one)
different jets
bottle heater
and start reading up......if used incorrectly or installed wrong your engine can blow up even with a 35 shot.

Also a purge kit is nice if you open and close your tank frequently.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
hey if you still want a nitrous kit or need some more info i can sell you an awesome kit. already have it installed in my ***** and it runs awesome. i got a 75 shot dry system right now but can be tuned down to a 25 shot. send me an email or take a look at my install pics
http://www.cardomain.com/id/catmaster422

·
Registered
4,189 Posts
Originally posted by: Pyrochaos
There are quite a few systems out there. The dry system injects the nitrous before the throttle body, and it activates on WOT. The wet system is installed by the injectors so it has directly mixes with the fuel in the combustion chamber and gets blowed up. (nice terminology huh?) Some systems (depending mostly on brand) have a button you hit to activate it. All systems you have to open the tank, and hit a switch to ready the systems.

That's not right...

In a single fogger/Jet system, the nitrous is sprayed into the intake just before the TB.

The Wet system sprays atomized fuel (from a like connected to the shrader valve), and nitrous into the intake, and a Dry system sprays Nitrous only into the intake while increasing fuel line pressure to get the added fuel needed.

In a direct port system there will be one fogger/jet per cylinder, spraying through that cylinders intake runner. There are other methods at direct port injection like the NOSszles by Holley...

Typical activation is via a Throttle activated switch, at WOT (4.2-4.6V usually).

Beginners do not want Nitrous...it's just not a good thing. Even with all the safeguards in the world, there is still a chance.

There's alot to know about mitrous before it should be used. Much of this info is in the FI Forum here, and all over the web.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts