New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
T3/T4 60-1
8,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mechanical or Electrical?

I ask because not all product lines of guages are listed in both formats. I know the pros and cons of both, typically mechanical is not brought in the cabin of a car, but I figured since the bottle is already in the cabin what's the diff? and well electrical is usually more expensive.

So what should I use.

Also depending on what type I use how exactly do I tap it to get signal?

·
Registered
4,189 Posts
With either you'll use a gauge adapter...It screws inline with the hose, and you basically splice into it there.

The electrical has a sender unit that screws in there, or the mechanical comes with a connector that screws into that and the SS line connects that to the gauge.

I'd get the electrical, since it's tough to run the SS hose into the car. I did it without a prob, but it was not fun.

·
T3/T4 60-1
8,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
when you inline on the hose, you mean just anywhere on the line... or just off the bottle itself, then the line would screw into the sender unit

·
Registered
4,189 Posts
I have mine coming off the nitrous line at the N2O solenoid (just before it)...

I'm not 100% sure if this is the optimal location, but I can watch if the pressure jumps if the solenoid all of a sudden snaps shut.

No gauge will tell you the "actual" bottle pressure...realistically you'll need an internal gauge and scale to know the amount of N2O in there (by weight and pressure).

hope that helps...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts