New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone night-shaded their stock ( orange ) side markers and if so, were you happy with the results?

( * Pix if you have them.... * )

·
Registered
2,682 Posts
sidemarkers are EZ to remove, just get a small screwdriver, and a paper towel. Wrap the papertowel around the screw driver tip (flat head) so you dont scratch the paint. And insert the screw driver tip on the front of the sidemarker - the part facing the front of the car and gently pry it out. It doesnt make much effort at all. Becareful not to scratch the paint, or crack the sidemarker itself. The bulb then just unplugs. 25 second job tops.

Just get smoked sidemarkers instead of nightshading stock orange.

·
Registered
12 Posts
haha wow i'm talented. I did what u said! It came out but when i put it back in it was really loose and wouldnt get in there snug so i tried again and i craked the little deal that sticks out haha. at least its in there tighter now. looks like i'll be ordering some new side markers woohoo! I think its just cuz they were old. It has about 60,000 miles on it. eh cant figure out how to post the pic it says its too big. oh well, anybody know a good site where u can get sidemarkers really cheap?

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
I think the advice was a little off. Here is a crude pic that shows how the sidemarkers arattached.

one end has a "dog" - a device that catches on the sheetmetal
the other end has a similar bit, but this has the curved portion to function as a spring
to remove, you have to push in the direction of the arrow, against the spring, until the dog has passed the sheetmetal.

clear as mud?

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
well can someone give me a website or something where i can get sidemarkers for cheap? Custom cougars has them 32.00!?!??! thats insane. thx it would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Fordpartsonline.com - Collision Catalog -> Front Lamps -> Side Repeater Lamps -> Repeater Lamp -> Smoke or Amber

·
Registered
6,114 Posts
i have the smoked ones from cc.com. but i want mine darker since i have my tails tinted and my front corners lens are clear but tinted and the side repeaters are too light and dont blend well

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.