New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
oh that would suck. i don't know if i'd be mad or confused if i walked out and seen my vehicle with no headlights.

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
lol, i know the feeling. you should see the screwdriver mark on my fender from trying to pry mine out the first time.

G

·
Trust me, its not just Porsches, in our area, also Maxima's and yes, S4's are targetted as well. Why, not because its a sh!tty area, its because the thieves know a lot of ppl in this area have $$, thus expensive cars and they are within a 30 min drive to Newark, the car and headlight theft capital of the world.......run a search on Audiworld, and you'll reead about many victems....

Main reason why the S4 is ALWAYS garaged, whereas the Passat (previously Cougar) is blocking the driveway./

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Oh great, I can see it now...

Officer: *Lights*.*Siren*.*Megaphone* This is the police, pull over immediately.

Random Guy: What did I do wrong officer?

Officer: Well I see that you have a pretty blue light lighting the road effortlessly, would those be them HIDs?

Random Guy: Yessir.

Officer: AHA those don't come on 1994 honda civics!!! You stole em, you're coming with me!! MWUHAHHAA

It will happen.....give it time.

G

·
i had my uncle whos a cop pull me over just cause he knew i had hids in my cougar. he goes are those hids i was like yes sir. he goes what watage i said 100w he was like alright let me see your brights. than he was like those are nice do they make them for silverados i said probally. then he was like thats cool see you at dinner. and my friends were all nervous it was funny they didnt know it was my uncle

·
Buyer Beware
6,575 Posts
Anyone have a How To?

·
Registered
4,973 Posts
well good for all these car makers. What's so important about HIDs anyway? The headlights on older cars are good enough.

Mike

·
Registered
115 Posts
I'm thinking of getting 8300K HIDs soon and this makes me think twice...how hard really are our headlights to steal considering their only being held down by 3 screws???

G

·
someone stole ONE fog light outta my bumper the first 6 months I had the coug. Come out of the coffee shop and see the wiring and no light. That was bad enough, let alone HID headlights. :(

·
Buyer Beware
6,575 Posts
yeah having one foglight sucks!

I can't image how much getting your headlights stolen would suck.

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
I caught some guy stealing my left fog light, I was so pissed off. He was about twice my size but he still got out of there quick.

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
Originally posted by: GrandMasterKhan
Anyone have a How To?
jam a big flathead screwdriver in the seam between the housing and body and dont give a **** about breaking stuff when you pry.

·
Registered
902 Posts
Now make a howto about installing them in our cars... complete with pics!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.