New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

open to opinions!

EDIT: yes i know i have yellow calipers. my cars colors before were black and yellow. i quickly got sick of the bumble bee comments, so i changed to red. just havent had the time to paint them red yet.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
damn just noticed how bad you can see my front bumper is messed up in the pictures. thats what i get for living in new england before. thanks sand and salt winters =(

·
Registered
892 Posts
i have a question. i've seen a lot of those mufflers with the smaller pipes coming out of the muffler. is that functional or just for looks? or is that a sound damperer.

and i can feel you on the sand and salt, i'm from mass and my paint takes a beating

nice car though, its really clean and nothing that really sticks out of place

·
w00t!
15,782 Posts
very nice pictures! :)

but ok... now that i've got someone who HAS that style exhaust ... i've got a bone to pick with ya - and anyone else who has tips like that.

you've got the aftermarket exhaust - good. I imagine that the piping is 2.5" all the way, but then what is up with the two big cannons out the back? I notice that the exit hole is like....hella tiny! doesn't that kind of defeat the purpose?
just curious... i've always wanted to know.

other than that... nice car! i like the tread of the tires :thumbsup:

edit- hahahah bayeri we posted at the same time... you don't know either huh? :biggrin:

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally posted by: Bayeri
i have a question. i've seen a lot of those mufflers with the smaller pipes coming out of the muffler. is that functional or just for looks? or is that a sound damperer.

and i can feel you on the sand and salt, i'm from mass and my paint takes a beating

nice car though, its really clean and nothing that really sticks out of place
its a sound damperer. without those pipes installed its like running 2.5" straight back with no muffler.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Originally posted by: ND4SPD
very nice pictures! :)

but ok... now that i've got someone who HAS that style exhaust ... i've got a bone to pick with ya - and anyone else who has tips like that.

you've got the aftermarket exhaust - good. I imagine that the piping is 2.5" all the way, but then what is up with the two big cannons out the back? I notice that the exit hole is like....hella tiny! doesn't that kind of defeat the purpose?
just curious... i've always wanted to know.

other than that... nice car! i like the tread of the tires :thumbsup:

edit- hahahah bayeri we posted at the same time... you don't know either huh? :biggrin:
its a trubendz exhaust w/ weapon r tips. i just didnt like the other kits i saw and thought this one looked good. its hella loud without the silencers in though and i cant deal with it that loud lol

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
o man i want to be in florida now.
its too cold and always raining in upstate NY

nice clean ride
i had those exhaust in my last ride, without the silencer its hella loud
in my honest opinion they dont look good. I like the borla ones much better

·
Registered
5,952 Posts
nice pics!

what do you have planned next? you going to get tail covers or anything? or are you one of the people who like the red?

G

·
nice pics

edit: btw, there's something on your rear bumper that looks like a scratch or something. might want to get that checked out.

·
Registered
5,952 Posts
Originally posted by: SouthFLCat
i h8 the red. tail light covers were ordered on friday :)
just saw this in the for sale section. a guy is selling lots of things off his black cougar, including painted tail light covers!

heres the thread. they are only $55 shipped too, and thats a great deal. he says they are in good condition.

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
im glad whoever you bought your rims from didnt sucker you into Nankangs... I saw the tread pattern and i was like 'ohh no...' but its merely similar.

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
Originally posted by: Neil
im glad whoever you bought your rims from didnt sucker you into Nankangs... I saw the tread pattern and i was like 'ohh no...' but its merely similar.
whats wrong with nankangs?
i am just wondering cus the shop i got my rims from, charged me for some nankangs but were out of stock or something.
Instead I got Federal SS 595 tires.

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
Nankangs arent performance tires, they just have a fancy tread and chinese name. they also provide NO RIM LIP PROTECTION WHATSOEVER, judging by how frankly TRASHED the Voxx rims i bought from Diesel over the summer were.

edit: look up the nankang website. that should contribute some insight as to the quality of their products.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
the tires that came with the rims when i bought them like 3 years ago were ****ty. i just put these on here like 8k ago. they are yoko's and are really good tires.

·
Registered
866 Posts
I really like the exhaust setup. How much did it run you? Also.. I think your car looks great! Black all the way!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts