New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll begin from a couple of months ago, maybe in the springtime, when this cavalier i my town caught my eye. I think it was a Z24, black, clear altezzas, and the door handles were shaved, the trunk lock was gone, and those areas were sanded and ready to be painted. Next I noticed an entire new front bumper on the car, pretty aggressive, not painted. Throughout the early summer I see this car passing my house when I'm outside washing my car, and it's some girl. Funny to see a girl driving a semi-hooked up car, especially around here (NJ). I don't know her personally, but we've seen each other driving around town all the time.

Fast forward to late summer. This car has gotten a complete makeover. Molded sideskirts, new rear bumper, rims, and a type of autumn-orange paint job. Also got those mirrors with the signals on them. Beautiful-looking car..but what's this? Stock exhaust..no loud ricer sound..nothing. Well, I find this out tonight.

Me and my friend were driving home, when we pass an intersection where this cavalier is waiting to turn onto the street we are going down. We slow down, just to see what happens, and she comes right up behind us. I waved out my window a couple times, just to be 'cute'. heh. Well, she doesn't want to be so cute. Tailgating me the entire way, as soon as the road splits into two lanes, she tried to pass me. UH UH honey. I floor it and take off, her front bumper doesn't even reach my door. Car in front of her so she switches lanes behind me again. Passes up the car and tries it again. NO WAY. This time she barely reached my rear bumper. Cop up ahead who pulled somebody over, so I slow down..apparently she doesn't care and I can't even see her headlights cuz she is so close behind me. I go nice and slow....heh. Finally we pass the street where she lives and she turns off.

I was surprised she would do something like that..I don't think she drives like that normally, I've seen her before and she's not a speed demon. Plus with a car that beautiful and that much money invested I don't think she wants to crash it..or even get a rock pebble fly up into her bumper. My cougar made me proud...my car't total wait was probably well over 3300lbs, and the cavalier weighs what...2600? with her fiberglass bumpers probably less. Oh well..it was cool, I'm sure I'll see her again. Sorry for the long story, but I'm bored right now, and, well, I'm here to entertain!

Mike

·
Registered
159 Posts
:ugh: Cavaliers = teh nasty.

Every time I see a "hooked up" J-Body I want to hurl. They are cars I think should be left the hell ALONE.

The Z24 has some pep off the line, but in the top end it was the cougar all the way. Good story. I've got some cars I always see in my town I'd love to shut down.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts